Aircraft service weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft service weight

Hey all, I was wondering about the weight and balance of an airliner, and was wondering if Gally items, such as food and potable water, as well as blue water and black water in the lav systems have to be accounted for. Im sure that the crew doesnt have to sit and count each soda can, but is there weight issues with this? If UA can have +268lbs tolerance for fuel (40 US gallons), are they as strict for Gally items? Any insight would be cool!!!
    -Jay

Originally posted by JJR
    Hey all, I was wondering about the weight and balance of an airliner, and was wondering if Gally items, such as food and potable water, as well as blue water and black water in the lav systems have to be accounted for. Im sure that the crew doesnt have to sit and count each soda can, but is there weight issues with this? If UA can have +268lbs tolerance for fuel (40 US gallons), are they as strict for Gally items? Any insight would be cool!!!
    -Jay
    40 Gallons on a 737.....do you know how freekin difficult that is? LOL. True though, United are paperwork Nazi's... dont you love the 2ft long form ?
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Jay, added on to the aircraft's Basic Weight we add the galley weight according to the route being flown. Qantas knows it as a Pantry Code, for example 'A' for domestic, 'B' for Tasman, 'C' for Japan etc. etc. It will have a standard weight and moment arm.

Comment

Also heard of this operational subdivision with Air France. Known as "Le Commissariat de Bord" (the in-flight catering), this differs according to stations served while adding to the basic figures. I don't wether they use letter identifications like Qantas, but I would not be surprised to hear of for instance
        Long-range type 1 or A = Dakar/Bamako and the like
        ----------- type 2 or B = Douala/Lagos/Libreville/Brazzaville
        ----------- type 3 or C = Trans Atlantic North serving East Coast
        and so on.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Makes sense! Thanks! The things an Idle mind comes up with while waiting for flights to arrive in heavy fog. ( thats what was going on when I thought of this!) -Jay

Comment

Working...
          X