Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing 777-200 prod.line still open?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boeing 777-200 prod.line still open?

    Im not talking about the longranger but the first version of it .. 777-200 ........not ER nor LR..

    I know Nobody would want an normal -200 this time, but can an airline still order if they would want one by the factory ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

  • #2
    Yes, although I doubt many would go for it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by E-Diddy!
      Yes, although I doubt many would go for it.
      You mean you doubt even ONE would ever go for it, Anyway does this means as long as the 200LR product line is open, an airline would basically still be able to order a normal -200 ..??

      I bet it goes the same way with A342 as long as the 346 is open? ??
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MaxPower
        You mean you doubt even ONE would ever go for it, Anyway does this means as long as the 200LR product line is open, an airline would basically still be able to order a normal -200 ..??
        That would be correct, and that applies for pretty much every plane producer out there, unless they specify that a certain plane will be discontinued.
        E.g. As long as the A345/6 are still being produced, the A343 will be offered, or as long as the ERJ-145 will be produced, the ERJ-140 will be offered, even if there are no orders for it.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a backlog of about five 777-200's. They are probably for ANA and JAL. When they are delivered, that ought to wrap things up for this variant.

          There is only one 777-300 (non ER) in the backlog, for delivery to Cathay next May. It too will probably be the last one.

          Comment


          • #6
            In fact Airbus handed over the last production 343 to Air Tahiti Nui last June during the LeBourget airshow. TN still has an additional 343 on option, but Airbus is pressing them hard to switch on the 350.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uy707
              TN still has an additional 343 on option, but Airbus is pressing them hard to switch on the 350.
              Alain
              Do You think they would choose the A350 over the 343. if Airbus is pressing TN to get the 350 instead, what's in it for them (Tahiti Nui) ??
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uy707
                In fact Airbus handed over the last production 343 to Air Tahiti Nui last June during the LeBourget airshow.
                Sorry Alain, but that is not correct. As a matter of fact, just around one month before that airshow, Air Mauritius ordered 3 new A343s, so ATN is only the second last carrier to get new A343s.
                Last edited by AJ; 2005-12-01, 06:00.

                Comment

                Working...
                X