Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myriad
    replied
    Surely a simple mechanism to give the pilots a message or light would have been easy to install!!
    It is installed, on the EICAS screen you will get a status message "Park Brake Set"

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Cool, finally get to look inside a plane tire, not to mention those 'drunk' skidmarks .
    Though I'm with my name colleague that one would expect some kind of warning device to keep such an occurence from happening.
    Last edited by DAL767-400ER; 2006-01-15, 12:07.

Leave a comment:

• Colin Parker
    replied
    Wow, those are interesting photos. I am amazed that such a modern aircraft allows the parking brake to be set when airborne. Surely a simple mechanism to give the pilots a message or light would have been easy to install!!

Leave a comment:

• Myriad
    replied
    The student, having never been in that aircraft before, pulled what he thought was the heat, but was really the parking brake.
    ...and also an example on why if you dont know for sure... ask...

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    We had a similar occurence here at my school back in 2001. A student and an instructor were up doing spins in the decathalon. The instructor said that it was getting a little cold and asked the student to turn the heat on. The student, having never been in that aircraft before, pulled what he thought was the heat, but was really the parking brake. Apparently to save money, the company that makes the decathalon used the exact same type of knob/lever to operate the brake and the heat. This is what happened on landing.

Leave a comment:

• Myriad
    started a topic Why you should ALWAYS follow checklists

Why you should ALWAYS follow checklists

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUC...rParkingBrake/

US Airways ERJ 170 landing with the park brake set...

Apologies to those who have seen these photos... i had to laugh...

especially at the pin installed to the downlock arm which has half of it missing...!!

Always follow your checklist
    Last edited by Myriad; 2006-01-15, 05:38.
Working...
X