Spins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spins

While looking for a video I had seen before that I wanted to put into the wake turbulence thread, I came accross this video that shows the effects of different control inputs during a spin, pretty neat to watch.

edit: oh yeah, probably a good idea if I give a link eh?

thats pretty neat, what kinda plane was that?

Comment

Very good video, im not a pilot but isn a flat spin something you cant recover from or im thinkin of something else?

thxs

Comment

How can you not throw up after that?

Pretty interesting video though.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
          Very good video, im not a pilot but isn a flat spin something you cant recover from or im thinkin of something else?

thxs
          in most planes fllat spins are a major bad thing, but I believe most aerobatic planes have some small holes along the horizontal stabilizer which allows air to flow through it and still reach the vertical stab (tail) so its still possible to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            in most planes fllat spins are a major bad thing, but I believe most aerobatic planes have some small holes along the horizontal stabilizer which allows air to flow through it and still reach the vertical stab (tail) so its still possible to recover.
            oo okay thxs

Comment

OT: If you drink too much, you get the spins.
              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
              X