Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A380 Separation Requirements Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thanks for the insight on the procedures at LAX, it's appreciated .
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    One more thing, re: A380 taxi routes at LAX, I dunno what they are gonna do but it is gonna be a damn mess.
    Looking at how the Master Plan is proceeding, it seems LAWA doesn't know it either . Though I'm already looking forward to see a QANTAS A380 taxi into the alley between TBIT and Terminal 4 and try to get into its gate.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      Thanks for the insight on the procedures at LAX, it's appreciated .
      Looking at how the Master Plan is proceeding, it seems LAWA doesn't know it either . Though I'm already looking forward to see a QANTAS A380 taxi into the alley between TBIT and Terminal 4 and try to get into its gate.

      LOL well thats never gonna happen...all the 380's will park at remote on the north west corner of the airport. They can only use 25L/7R, so I'm assuming they'll taxi to and from the runway using AA->U/T/P->A...since I doubt there is enough clearance on both Charlie and Bravo to have a 380 taxi on either. Charlie is simply too close to most of the outer gates, and Bravo is too close to 25R/7L...even 744' wingtips already hang over the hold line significantly. There is talk that they will just use Bravo and 25R/7L will be closed for a few minutes when this happens.

      Doesnt that sound STUPID



      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Leftseat86
        There is talk that they will just use Bravo and 25R/7L will be closed for a few minutes when this happens.

        Doesnt that sound STUPID
        Damn, LAX sure is desperate to get the A380 . But since the A380 will only use the TBIT satellites anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade 24L/6r for the A380? Sure would mean less constraints.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          Damn, LAX sure is desperate to get the A380 . But since the A380 will only use the TBIT satellites anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade 24L/6r for the A380? Sure would mean less constraints.
          I dont know. At the moment they are starting work on a massive project to move 25L/7R 50ft south of where it is, to add a taxiway in between the runways, which is supposed to reduce runway incursions (although this is another stupid idea which has nothing to do with the 380, whole other issue).

          I dont know how thats gonna work out in regards to all the south cargo facilities.

          Comment

          Working...
          X