Gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves?

I have a question about gloves. When I'm flying my hands tend to get sweaty. I'm not nervous or scared at all, but I guess it has something to do with adrenaline. It hasn't caused my hands to slip off the yoke or anything, but I keep having to wipe my hands on my pants in order for me to get rid of the sweat. I don't want to slip off the yoke. Are there gloves made for flying that I could get and that are inexpensive? Would gloves affect my flying? Can anyone point me to a site that sells gloves made specifically for flying?
    Thanks.
    Jordan

Most Japanese airliners are flown by gloved hands!

Although I never had a student actually wear gloves whilst training some did have a need for them. I would suggest you speak to you flying instructor about it.

Comment

Curling gloves or golf gloves are good to use.

Comment

Batting gloves or mechanics gloves. During the winter I wear leather gloves, they keep the hands warm yet I get the required precision to operate the gps and comms.
        SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
          Most Japanese airliners are flown by gloved hands!
          I've heard about that, do you know the reason for this?
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
            I've heard about that, do you know the reason for this?
            There's been a lot of discussion on anet about this. As I understand it it is a hygiene thing I think. I know that in Japan bus drivers and subway workers wear them too. Pretty classy I think!

Comment

I think its cultural, Japanese are very professional from what I have seen. I agree, it does look very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                There's been a lot of discussion on anet about this. As I understand it it is a hygiene thing I think. I know that in Japan bus drivers and subway workers wear them too. Pretty classy I think!
                it also makes a lot of sense. While flying here at UND I try not to think about how many people touch the yoke after just relieving themselves behind a hangar at some podunk airport in North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  it also makes a lot of sense. While flying here at UND I try not to think about how many people touch the yoke after just relieving themselves behind a hangar at some podunk airport in North Dakota.

Windex in the cockpit = good.

Comment

We have a stock of 'Sani-wipes' on the flightdeck to clean the yoke, thrust levers etc. ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                      We have a stock of 'Sani-wipes' on the flightdeck to clean the yoke, thrust levers etc. ourselves.

In case anyone got naughty with the flight attendants?

Comment

Working...
                      X