How exactly the wings work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly the wings work

For those interested in the theory of how a wing works, & how different devices on the wing affect the aerodynamics of it, this is interesting. A bit heavy on the engineering formulae in parts, but still I think it gives a good explanation of why the LE & TE devices, as well as the basic wing design, are they way they are.

-==][Click Here To See How Exactly How the Wings work][==-
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

awesome slideshow John. Was a good review for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      awesome slideshow John. Was a good review for me as well.
      Great to hear you found it useful too, It was quite a mouthful of information to swallow, all that info about it. Nothin explained it better than at this slideshow

Comment

AHHHHHHHH, Knowledge!!!!!

Nice show.
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Great to hear you found it useful too, It was quite a mouthful of information to swallow, all that info about it. Nothin explained it better than at this slideshow
          well, a lot (not all) of that stuff, I have gone over in aerodynamics class. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. Though I can't gaurentee they'll get answered. I'll do my best though. I might be able to do more after this summer after I take advanced aerodynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            well, a lot (not all) of that stuff, I have gone over in aerodynamics class. If you have any questions, feel free to post them. Though I can't gaurentee they'll get answered. I'll do my best though. I might be able to do more after this summer after I take advanced aerodynamics.
            Interesting. Sure , Will post/bug you with questions

Btw. The advanced aerodynamics classes does normally takes.... How long ??

Comment

Interesting. Sure , Will post/bug you with questions

Btw. The advanced aerodynamics classes does normally takes.... How long ??
              its a normal college course, so its one semester. Granted I'll be taking it over the summer, so it'll be about half as long. They divide the whole summer into two chunks so you can get more classes done, but they go twice as fast.

Comment

That sounds good. I wish you all luck completing your courses.

Comment

That sounds good. I wish you all luck completing your courses.
                  Thanks, once I finish my flying part of my CFI (should be sometome next week) then it should be all downhill from there

Comment

Working...
                  X