Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a thought on making the biggest aircraft in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought on making the biggest aircraft in the world.

I was looking at DBQflyer05's AN-124 photo and I was wondering if the Ukrainians can ever make a bigger aircraft than the Ruslan and the mighty Mirya..

How about if they were to use Mriya's body length, re-designing the whole wings, making it more strong and toughened so it is able to carry more than 150t Ruslan and 220t Mriya.

It looks kinda underpowered, when seeing it equipped with four 229.5kN (51,590lb) ZMKB Progress (Lotarev) D18T turbofans.

How about slapping this thing with some Rolls-Royce Trent 900's or GP-7200 turbofans.? I bet they can exceed the maximum payload record at 250t...

RR Trents 81,000lbs versus ZKMB 51,590lbs You do the math....!!!

The An-124's total payload in weight is 150 tonnes (330,695lb) and An-225's total payload in weight is 250 tonnes (551150lb).

But I know we have to concern about the space at the arrival airport. A big and massive renovation to some spots where they are able to recieve a mriya ...But I know this wont ever happen. Unless the Ukranians were to go into the Blended body and wing programme gong more extreme than ever. but We'll see.. What do you think. ??

Please share your thoughts if you have some. If you're only gonna criticize this thread,then press [ ALT- Left arrow ]

Photo Copyright by DBQflyer05_______________________________________________________________Photo Copyright by DBQflyer05
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Well I was bored (as always) on my english class few days ago and I actually designed something like a "flying Titanic". I mean it's like a space shuttle plus a Mryia and Jumbo and airshipd from Star Trek and Star Wars in one. I wanted to make a ship which will fly to the space for lets say a month. It would have rooms there likein a hotel, restaurants, disco places, cinemas, bars, etc. just to entertain people. People will fly there to cruise in a space and enjoy flying around moon andd earth and later maybe arounf other planets. Of course this is a crazy idea as no one will ever allow to build this kind of a "monster". btw. it would take like a 2000 people. Also I didn't design the way it will take off and land....but I still have more english classes this year j/k
    I might scan my drawings later if u ant and post them...

But yea it will be pretty cool to something bigger then the Antonov Mriya. Six engines is a lot but imgaine eight or ten I hope noone will build a bigger airplane in a close time and Russians (and Ukrainians) will still have the biggest airplane

Comment

Im not so sure about this anymore. Having heard from another forum @ PFSG. It was that the market had to demand for such a bigger plane. The Ukranians had only built 1.5 Antonov 225, so that proves there is not enough market for, therefore no justification to do it. Also if they had the opportunity to build these, there would be a real mess on on re-pavementing taxiways and runways as this could definitely turn even heavier as for the exchange engines , thus probably have to make the wings and what not larger then its actual appearance.

@ Patrick, Reading your post, who says it has to take off ?
      Do you remember the movie The fifth Element, at a sequence there this large, I mean this big cruiseship ? From the start of this "holiday" that Bruce willis won in the movie, he arrives to an airport, boarded a plane and took off. And then they approached this cruiseship. Have you seen this before? I read about it many times. We could probably have something like this in the "near" future ? I WOULDNT know. lol. But atleast something flying around for months instead of floating or sailing the seas, we have something flying the skies. Btw yeah, Lets take a look at your drawings...

Comment

RR Trents 81,000lbs versus ZKMB 51,590lbs You do the math....!!!
        Calculate the difference in fuel burn while you're at it... you have to match the powerplants to the aircraft, not the other way round...

Also if they had the opportunity to build these, there would be a real mess on on re-pavementing taxiways and runways as this could definitely turn even heavier as for the exchange engines , thus probably have to make the wings and what not larger then its actual appearance.
        The A380 is expected to have a MTOW of 560 Tonnes... With a fuel Capacity of 286,000kgs I doubt the Myria would have as much trouble as the A380...

Comment

Why not just equip the AN-225 with 6 GE-90s, that should give it a good power/fuel burn ratio .

Comment

All right John. i might have an access to a scanner tomorrow so I'll scan them

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Why not just equip the AN-225 with 6 GE-90s, that should give it a good power/fuel burn ratio .
              Some kick ass Etops I assume it will be certified too if ever equipped with those GE's..

Originally posted by Patty
              All right John. i might have an access to a scanner tomorrow so I'll scan them
              Really... I thought you forgot all about it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                Really... I thought you forgot all about it. lol
                Well I kinda forgot about the thread, and saw it again today, so decided to scan them asap

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  Some kick ass Etops I assume it will be certified too if ever equipped with those GE's..
                  Not with 6 of 'em .

Comment

Oh.. you mean it doesnt need the Etops ... ??

Comment

ETOPS still stands for Extended TWIN Operations .

Comment

Ngeh... * My bad...

Comment

There is theoretically no limit to how big a plane can be besides the obvious.

Comment

Working...
                          X