Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Open On Departure

Hi guys,

I was looking through a few shots yesterday and came across some intresting shots of a Condor 757 at Luqa airport, Malta. I know they are circuit training but surely there is some regulations saying that you can't have the window open during flight???

[photoid=5878461]

[photoid=5879226]

Not something you see every day. Can any pilots en-lighten us on this?

Cheers,
    Sam

All I could think of is this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eAzW-D_YXjo

Its a classic

Comment

I mean they aren't going mach .74, the aircraft does not need to be pressurized at the low altitude..

Comment

One of the items on the Before Start checklist is 'Windows.......Locked'.

Comment

lol does the 757 or 767 manual have a maximum window opening speed like it does in the C172? hehe

Comment

This plane was doing touch and gos, so he always had to stay below 250 knots.

In any case, beyond a certain speed, the aircraft's nose is designed in such a way that the nose falls within the shockwave cushion, and hence, you get air being sucked out rather than blown in.

In any case, at least on the 737 and the A320, there is a procedure where the window is opened in flight, mainly to clear any smoke from the cockpit.

The main difficulty then is to speak to the other pilot, as the wind noise is out of this world! You literally have to shout on the intercom!

So probably this was a rather finicky instructor (he's German after all) requesting a simulation of smoke in the cockpit during the takeoff run...

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
              So probably this was a rather finicky instructor (he's German after all) requesting a simulation of smoke in the cockpit during the takeoff run...
              Or one of them had a dodgy curry the night before.

Comment

Cheers all!

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
                The main difficulty then is to speak to the other pilot, as the wind noise is out of this world! You literally have to shout on the intercom!
                Hmm not really advisable at a commercial airport while theres other aircraft about, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrk25
                  Or one of them had a dodgy curry the night before.
                  hahaha that made my day.

Comment

An explained video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_87K...&search=boeing

Also in 737
                    Last edited by meneses24; 2006-12-15, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
                    X