Pictures from the Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from the Line

Got a digital camera from the soon to be inlaws. I've been having some fun with it while at work and posted some of them on a photobucket page. Some of the shots are from riding in the back, some from the jumpseat, but most are from the right seat.

Ya'll enjoy. Hopefully I didn't get myself in trouble by posting the link.....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Bite me Airways.....

There are some original images in among that lot, nice to see them. By the looks of it you had lots of fun with the new camera, lets hope the magic never rubs off.

In case you are interested the shadow picture, the effect is called a Broken Spectre. I narrowly missed a similar shot while flying in a microlight last year, a sight that I should never have seen as microlights are not supposed to be IFR

Cheers,

Wallace
    Wallace

Comment

I'll give that a try.

I'm still learning with the thing. First trip I had it was right before Christmas, and since then I've shot over 1200 pics. Many have been crap, but I still have 7 or 800 on my computer. Not all worth posting, but some are pretty sweet.
      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Nice pics man. How do you like that Dash 8? I work on the ramp at PVD and we deal with the Freedom -100 series ones that I believe you fly. Nice planes but they insides are dirty . Oh well what can you do. How long have you been flying them? How do you like that job?

Comment

Nice shots, what camera are you using?

Comment

The Dash is a great airplane. I fly 100s and 300s. Many of ours are a little dirty on the inside as well, but are being cleaned as they go through heavy checks.

As with most airlines, especially regionals, there is way too much BS involved...

I'm using a Canon SD-600.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Nice pics. Cant wait to see more . I love the Dash 8s haha.
              Ryan Davis
              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Sweet shots man. whatever you gotta do to get those magical 1500 pic turbine. Well maybe not whatever..

Comment

would anyone be against making this a sticky so that everyone who flies in the front of something can post pictures taken from the cockpit?

Comment

Great photos of your workplace and some lovely sunset shots too!!

I would love to post some of my work photos to share with you but as our company forbids photography in the cockpit, annoyingly I can't!! My avatar will have to make do....which of course I did not take.
                    Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

I'm sure my company frowns on it as well. That's why all my shots were either taken above 10K, from the cabin, or from the jumpseat.

I wish those were sunset pictures. I've been stuck on the morning shift for quite sometime now. Thanks for the compliments though!
                      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

I notice you have a shot of Sandy Hook. I go there all time to watch planes going into JFK. It also shows the bridge that connects the Navy ships to Earl Navy base.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

I went there once while visiting some friends near Hazlet. I was wondering what that pier was for. I've seen ships docked there, but had no idea.
                          Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Great Pics

LRJet Guy: Sorry if this derails the thread but by the pictures I'm assuming you work for Piedmont. They came poking around UND a couple months ago looking for pilots, I didn't apply but it's something I'd like to do when I finish school. How do you like Piedmont?

Comment

I'm not real happy with it, and haven't been for a while. I'll send a PM when I get a chance.
                              Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                              X