Part-time Pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-time Pilots

Is there such a thing? Is it possible to get a part-time job flying? Like for a regional airline?

you could be a part time flight instructor

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      you could be a part time flight instructor
      True, but Im talking Part 121 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        True, but Im talking Part 121 here.
        probably not. Airlines spend a whole lot of money training you, so they want you to be with them full time. Also, flying is one of those things where if you don't do it often, your skills begin to atrophy quite quick, especially with something as complicated systems wise as a jet.

Comment

Unless of course you're a reserve pilot. Mostly new hires that don't have a full spot in yet, and must be on call and ready for when a pilot gets sick.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

I have a freind who lives in Colorado and he is a Police Officer,but saturady and sundays and most of the time he has off he flies for some small freight company part time.I am not sure of the name because i dont live up there.
            BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
              Is there such a thing? Is it possible to get a part-time job flying? Like for a regional airline?
              Yeah stay at an airline for 20 years and build enough senority so that you're flying 5 days a month...make 100k+
              hell of a part time job.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I know a guy that is doing pretty much the same thing as Asmir's friend. For a part 135 freight company.. Besides with the pay rates at what they are now, you would be spending money to fly

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
                    I know a guy that is doing pretty much the same thing as Asmir's friend. For a part 135 freight company.. Besides with the pay rates at what they are now, you would be spending money to fly
                    Yes my friend has a very good day job so he dosent mind flying part time even if he has some fees,he just loves it.
                    BH Airlines A319

Comment

Working...
                    X