Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint: Turboprop, Cierva, Sand Creek (as easy as it gets)

Comment

• C.30A

-Chris

Comment

• too literally, not Cierva's construction. besides- it's not even turbine based aircraft (turboprop)

Comment

• can we have another hint for those of us who weren't born before 1980.

-Chris

Comment

• the last hint was a dead give-away, giving another is just too easy....

Comment

• o.k. one last question, what is Sand Creek?

-Chris

Comment

• the very important place- very connected to the name of the craft.

Comment

• Wittman Tailwind? i am completely clueless.

-Chris

Comment

• AH-56 cheyenne.

Comment

• that's a CH-46 for military and a S-64 for civilian. no that's not my answer. i'm sticking with the Wittman Tailwind.

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by z740
                        that's a CH-46 for military and a S-64 for civilian. no that's not my answer. i'm sticking with the Wittman Tailwind.

-Chris
                        No your thinking of a completely different bird. Its definetly the Cheyenne. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AH-56_Cheyenne

Comment

• oh, o.k. i thought you were talking about the SkyCrane. i have never heard of the Cheyenne. my bad.

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick55
                            AH-56 cheyenne.
                            obviously that's the right answer , "Sand Creek" was dead giveaway- as historically that's a very important place for the Cheyenne tribe (there was pretty much media coverage about this place recently, too).

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsMeOnly
                              obviously that's the right answer , "Sand Creek" was dead giveaway- as historically that's a very important place for the Cheyenne tribe (there was pretty much media coverage about this place recently, too).
                              Sand Creek definetly gave it away. Took me a while to make the link though, kept skipping over it when I was Googling.

Anyway here we go

Comment

• military or civilian?

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X