Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I brought up flight lessons with my parents...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everyone on the risk involved.

As for the environment,I am working on my PPL as we speak(or type), and I have done my training in both a controlled airspace, and a non controlled. I dont think it really matters which you learn to fly in. You will learn to fly in both types of airspace. Right now I am at a non controlled airport, but right next door is a very busy airspace, with Anchorage International, Merrill Field, Elmendorf Airforce Base, and a bunch of other airports all within a small radius. So whenever I want to practice radio work I can drop over there.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

just wanted to update everyone. I brought it up with my mom today, used the its whats gonna make me happy angle. She said shed go to talk tothe guy at the Flight School about it. I should be cleared for takeoff shortly.

Comment

Another update for you all.

I took the discovery flight today. I flew almost all of it (amazing how helpful FSX is). My mom was in the back seat scared out of her mind. My CFI asked if I wanted to stall it, and my mom flipped out. On final we couldn't get off the runway fast enough (I floated it a bit) and we made an Air Wisconsin CRJ that was coming in right behind us go around (the tower sent him in way too close) and my CFI found it hilarious. ANyway, my parents are going to talk about it, and hopefully Ill start on my PPL soon. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

That's awesome. You'll never forget that flight as long as you live. Keep us posted.

Comment

Will do. Especially when I am hopefully in that CRJ making a go around cause there is some kid floating a Cessna. I kind of wish I heard the Pilot's PA announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269

I took the discovery flight today. I flew almost all of it (amazing how helpful FSX is). My mom was in the back seat scared out of her mind. My CFI asked if I wanted to stall it, and my mom flipped out. On final we couldn't get off the runway fast enough (I floated it a bit) and we made an Air Wisconsin CRJ that was coming in right behind us go around (the tower sent him in way too close) and my CFI found it hilarious. ANyway, my parents are going to talk about it, and hopefully Ill start on my PPL soon. Thanks for all the help!
              Great to hear!
              I had mine about a month ago, and my first flight is next sunday!
              May you be lucky enough to have parents that decided the way mine did!
              Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269

Glad to hear it! Best of luck to you, buddy!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                X