Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to start an Airbus vs Boeing argument....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start an Airbus vs Boeing argument....

OK then, here's the scenario. Bruce Dickinson, lead singer with Iron Maiden and Boeing 757 pilot with Astraeus Airlines was put in the right seat of an A320 with an Airbus test pilot in the left seat. They flew towards the Pyrenees mountains, lowered the gear, throttled back to idle, pulled hard back on the stick which would normally lead to a fiery death in about one minute if you did nothing and......well.....just watch this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmlIZt6nMIA
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Its pretty cool to see the "boeing pilot's" reaction.
    Nice find Brian
    Will C.

Comment

Damn I wish that show came on here. Is Discovery Wings still around though? I thought it was the same thing as the military channel.

Comment

^^^ RETARD RETARD Sorry Jordan I had to hahahahah

God I don't care if it's an Airbus or a Boeing...I'd love to do a test flight. The thing about Boeing is that they're such beastly planes, they don't need those flight computers....because idiots are the ones flying the Airbuses . Just look what happened to the Iberia and the Emirates (well Jordan...we KNOW idiots were at the controls of that one )

Comment

Is it just me or does that A320 look unusually long ??

Comment

Is Discovery Wings still around though?
            Unfortunately Discovery Wings died a death about 6 months ago in the UK. It was, however, becoming a bit of a disappointment with continual repeats of the same old stuff. I do wish that Discovery would create some new programmes and screen them because there was a lot of good footage there.

The clip linked to here is only a small part of the original 30 minute transmission. Very interesting aviation TV.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
              ^^^ RETARD RETARD Sorry Jordan I had to hahahahah

God I don't care if it's an Airbus or a Boeing...I'd love to do a test flight. The thing about Boeing is that they're such beastly planes, they don't need those flight computers....because idiots are the ones flying the Airbuses . Just look what happened to the Iberia and the Emirates (well Jordan...we KNOW idiots were at the controls of that one )
              1) It was Etihad

2) I'm all for a good joke at the expense of Airbus, but its getting old.

3) Calling the pilots idiots is premature and innapropriate considering we don't no the circumstances and causes of either incident.

Comment

My bad...Etihad...even worse. And me, Jordan, and Chasen know the cause of the accident...100%. We've got our connections

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                  My bad...Etihad...even worse. And me, Jordan, and Chasen know the cause of the accident...100%. We've got our connections
                  I digress-Chasen's got serious connections.

Comment

I don't get it...what the hell was he "awed" by? He didnt touch the throttles...big whoop.

And LMAO @ "if I wiggle the stick left and right I still have control"

Well duh, it's not "automatic go into a stall mode"

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                      I digress-Chasen's got serious connections.
                      I do. And I assure you this pilot was certifiably a moron. BUG ON CARPET!
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I saw the episode on Wings. What a surprise, a Boeing pilot can fly an A320!

The automation in the Airbus is surpurb (well, considering its limitations).

Question; can a pilot trained on an A320 fly a 737NG?

The 737NG is a fine aircraft. It is still an aircraft that must be flown by a pilot. It can be stalled, pitched and rolled beyond specific limits. The Airbus A320 can not.

I think the Airbus system or a newer, more advanced system will be the the wave of the future.

I don't doubt the will day come when a pilot can be trained to fly an A320 like aircraft but can't fly a C-152.

In my opinion, this is not a step forward but it is a step toward removing the pilot from the aircraft. It is not a Boeing vs Airbus issue.

Both companies will build all future aircraft using FBW technology. In effect, I guess Boeing is building the last of the "Pilot" required commercial aircraft.

The Discovery channel runs the old Wings programs on the Military Channel and occasionally on the Science Channel.
                        Last edited by Dmmoore; 2008-01-27, 16:14.
                        Don
                        Standard practice for managers around the world:
                        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Re:

No reason to start an Airbus vs. Boeing war over stuff like this. There's no question about it, Airbus pioneered the FBW system and it is a technological achievement. I used to be a Boeing-only guy but after having flown in Airbuses and having seen the 80s video where the pilot demonstrated all the various safety features and back-ups, I was awed as well. Both manufacturers have awesome planes, I like Airbuses and Boeings equally.

Comment

Well then...

Was it a Boeing that snapped its tail off over Queens, NY due to pilot rudder deflection ? or the several other composite incidents ? I thought there were 'limits' on control movement ??

(Retort: well at least they dont have Parker-Hannefin rudder control shuttle valves)
                            ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
                            Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
                              I saw the episode on Wings. What a surprise, a Boeing pilot can fly an A320!

The automation in the Airbus is surpurb (well, considering its limitations).

Question; can a pilot trained on an A320 fly a 737NG?

The 737NG is a fine aircraft. It is still an aircraft that must be flown by a pilot. It can be stalled, pitched and rolled beyond specific limits. The Airbus A320 can not.

I think the Airbus system or a newer, more advanced system will be the the wave of the future.

I don't doubt the will day come when a pilot can be trained to fly an A320 like aircraft but can't fly a C-152.

In my opinion, this is not a step forward but it is a step toward removing the pilot from the aircraft. It is not a Boeing vs Airbus issue.

Both companies will build all future aircraft using FBW technology. In effect, I guess Boeing is building the last of the "Pilot" required commercial aircraft.

The Discovery channel runs the old Wings programs on the Military Channel and occasionally on the Science Channel.
                              Actually, I heard people say that the transition A320 to B737NG is a lot harder than the other way round. Especially after a while A320 pilots get used to things they have to get rid off in the B737. The automation is the one thing, but the general performance of the autoflight systems is the other. I would guess that going from Airbus 320/330/340 to B777 is much easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X