No announcement yet.

Flap Actuation and Linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are talking about moving the flap handle and the flaps move to the selected position using electric power, I don't know of any modern "Airliners" (defined multi engined, turbine powered and built to part 121 standards) using an electric drive as the primary motive force.

That said, I don't know everything and I'm ready to learn.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Don,

That's what I was telling Gabriel. I don't think modern Airliners have flaps operated solely by electric power.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
        If you are talking about moving the flap handle and the flaps move to the selected position using electric power, I don't know of any modern "Airliners" (defined multi engined, turbine powered and built to part 121 standards) using an electric drive as the primary motive force.
        I do. Intimately.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
          That's what I was telling Gabriel. I don't think modern Airliners have flaps operated solely by electric power.
          That's not entirely accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
            Don,

He's going to tell us a Beech 18 is an airliner.

One of these days Flyboy will actually communicate a complete thought that enlightens the rest of us. I predict it will happen, not in my life time, but it will happen. He is much younger than I.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
              He's going to tell us a Beech 18 is an airliner.

One of these days Flyboy will actually communicate a complete thought that enlightens the rest of us. I predict it will happen, not in my life time, but it will happen. He is much younger than I.
              Logic Exercise:

Given:
              -People on "power trips" don't want to give up power
              -Knowledge is power.

Therefore:
              -People on "power trips" don't share knowledge well.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
              X