X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Well the Bonanza (even the regular version) is known as the doctor killer. The reasoning for this is because people (doctors) who come into a lot of money would get their private pilot license, go out and buy too much of an airplane than they were capable of flying. You are seeing a similar thing happening with Cirrus. Many of the accidents are caused poor decision making due to lack of experience. At least cirrus has been trying to address this with training.
    Not to mention a lot of them put too much confidence in all the technology in those things and develop a false sense of security.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
    I have heard the Bonanza referred to as the split tailed doctor killer. Not sure how accurate that is though.
    Well the Bonanza (even the regular version) is known as the doctor killer. The reasoning for this is because people (doctors) who come into a lot of money would get their private pilot license, go out and buy too much of an airplane than they were capable of flying. You are seeing a similar thing happening with Cirrus. Many of the accidents are caused poor decision making due to lack of experience. At least cirrus has been trying to address this with training.

Leave a comment:

• Airfoilsguy
    replied
    Originally posted by pilotgolfer
    I saw a Bonanza take off this morning from my home airport here at KBMQ, and it got me to thinking, what are the pros and cons of a V-tail?
    I have heard the Bonanza referred to as the split tailed doctor killer. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Pros: less interference drag because of less angles on the structure.

Cons: Complicated control rigging/operation. Increased tendency to dutch roll

I've never flown one so I can't say how it compares to a regular design.

Have you taken Aerodnyamics yet? Its in one of the many textbooks that you'll have or will have had for that class.
    Last edited by screaming_emu; 2008-05-14, 19:10.

Leave a comment:

• pilotgolfer
    started a topic V-tails

V-tails

I saw a Bonanza take off this morning from my home airport here at KBMQ, and it got me to thinking, what are the pros and cons of a V-tail?
Working...
X