V-tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
    Flown K-35, V-35B, A36, and F-33 Bonanzas. The v-tail does wallow a little as you've heard, but there is an air skeg on some later models that pretty much eliminates that.

The F-33 flew just like the V tails, the A-36 similar, but a little more nose heavy than the others. Either way without a doubt the finest single engine recips out there.

The doctor killer moniker comes from guys with more money than pilot skills buying Bonanzas, then wadding them up from poor decision making (generally). It's a very capable airplane that can be more capable than the person flying it at times.
    Total agreement! A fantastic aircraft.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Howard Hughes owned a V-tail Bonanza and I used to rent a Cessna from its current owner. It was modified with a supercharger and the owner had a log book signed by lots of film stars. The last time I saw this aircraft it was hangered at Zamperini Field Airport (AKA Torrance Airport, CA).

I worked on another aerospace vehicle with a V-tail. The two tails were called ruddervators and were moved by electric actuators.

Comment

Another fine V-tailed flyer was the Fouga Magister.

Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas
          Howard Hughes owned a V-tail Bonanza and I used to rent a Cessna from its current owner. It was modified with a supercharger and the owner had a log book signed by lots of film stars. The last time I saw this aircraft it was hangered at Zamperini Field Airport (AKA Torrance Airport, CA).

I worked on another aerospace vehicle with a V-tail. The two tails were called ruddervators and were moved by electric actuators.
          F-117?

Comment

I wonder what will happen to the Eclipse-400, will they sell the manufacturing rights?
            Any takers, Russia perhaps?
            As for the Cirrus, how is the certification going, they flown a few hours since the maiden flight last summer?
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
            X