Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag racing? Grass roots still has me wondering. But half afraid to ..
    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kjell Engkrog View Post
      Blackbushe, formerly RAF Hartford Bridge? Also home of the Camberley Kart Club.

Cheers,
      ....and owned by British Car Auctions who have a large onsite auction hall where you can buy a second hand car.

Your turn.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Try this:

Not extant.

Cheers,
        Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

• European ?

Comment

• It actually did exist or is a sim? So many of those fool me as of late and that water looks to still and perfect.
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Yes, Brian, it is European. The colour of the runway markings give away which country, even.

And yes, it did exist. As the picture shows it is in a shipyard, but it did have scheduled traffic. Daylight only, and no instrumentation. The tower is opposite the runway with the shipbuilding sheds in between. Whenever an aircraft was to land or take off they sent a car with a man and a radio who then reported to the tower if the runway was clear. The shipyard cranes had to be turned away, and whenever a newbuilt ship was being launched they simply closed the field down.

Was decomissioned in 1986 after 15 years of operations, when a completely new airport was opened.

Cheers,
              Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

• Forde, Oyrane, Norway.

The airport as you show it no longer exists as in your picture, being completely built upon now.

Comment

• Gave too much away, did I? The only remaining structure to tell that there once was an airport there is the tower. There are two or three seaplanes moored beside it, but the tower itself has no aeronautical signifance anymore.

And yes, you are quite right, Fřrde Řyrane, replaced by Fřrde Bringeland (ENBL/FDE).

Take it away!

Cheers,

Comment

• I still had to use GoogleEarth to match the land shape to your image, which took some finding !!

Comment

• Lets have what should be a quickie....

Ex USAF.....then logistics....now a civil International airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        I still had to use GoogleEarth to match the land shape to your image, which took some finding !!
                        Yeah, so did I; but I gave up after 1 hr (searching Norwegian coast only)

For your new one Brian; what about Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN) ?

Comment

• Not in Europe. Quite a deal warmer climate zone.

The city that it is close to has a namesake in the USA.

Comment

• Sorry to interrupt!

Can anyone identify this airport:
                            [photoid=380577]

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ View Post
                              Sorry to interrupt!

Can anyone identify this airport:
                              [photoid=380577]

McClellan AFB - KMCC
                              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• ...and to get back to my airport offering...

It serves a city area of the capital of an island chain country.

It's US namesake has a prefix word which this airport has lost !!

Comment

Working...
                                X