X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neils challenge

Adler-Sochi, Russia.

Haven`t got a clue about AJs challenge, tho.

Cheers,
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      Gone a bit quiet?

Can anyone help with this one?
      [photoid=201362]
      It must be in the area around the airport were the plane landed or took off. Maybe Andrew can tell us that,it makes the search a lot easier.

Comment

According to the notes with the picture it's about 5 minutes out from Tokyo Narita.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Unfortunately my Japanese is a bit rusty, but

Comment

How did you found it?

Comment

Originally posted by arjenp View Post
              How did you found it?
              The photog is looking down runway 26, a west-facing runway, and looking slightly aft of perpendicular to the airplane's flight path. Given that he is five minutes from landing, he is probably on final, and given that he is looking westward, the airplane has to be travelling in a southerly direction. Based on that, I started going north from Narita, looking to the left of the flight paths of the parallel runways for a set of canals with section lines that run parallel to said canal. Following the canals, I eventually got to this spot.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
                The photog is looking down runway 26, a west-facing runway, and looking slightly aft of perpendicular to the airplane's flight path. Given that he is five minutes from landing, he is probably on final, and given that he is looking westward, the airplane has to be travelling in a southerly direction. Based on that, I started going north from Narita, looking to the left of the flight paths of the parallel runways for a set of canals with section lines that run parallel to said canal. Following the canals, I eventually got to this spot.
                Nice job, I was close, I was searching the green aera that is more to the left.
                There must be a Japanese Spotter that can translate it.

Comment

Ryugasaki Airport (RJA3)...

Comment

Great work guys, thank you!

Comment

Let`s see if we can breathe some life back into this thread, shall we?

Which airport is this?

Cheers,
                      Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

No CLUE!

Comment

Latitude 69 degrees 40 minutes North. Eastern hemispere

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell Engkrog View Post
                            Latitude 69 degrees 40 minutes North. Eastern hemispere

Cheers,

Thank you Kjell, but maybe too much for a first hint...

Tromso Langnes
                            Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-10-31, 15:45.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

So there I was an hour or so ago thinking "GoogleEarth".

Scan the coastline areas areas around that latititude in Kjells region of the world and what happened ?

Bloody (_e=Mc2_) aka smartass.....AKA Paul, beat me to Tromso.

Ooooohhh.....BOLLOCKS !!!!!
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Tromsų it is, HB-IHC gets to go next.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                                X