Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on the "sometimes" clue: Barra Airport in Scotland? Don't know how many runways that airport actually has, but as soon as the flood comes in, they're gone.

Comment

• Well done that man, Barra it is.

Aircraft (Loganair Twin Otters operating on behalf of FlyBe) land on the beach at Barra. There are three nominal "runways" marked out with red poles and schedules have to operate based on the tide times as the beach floods at high tide.

Over to you.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Single-runway airport, with scheduled service by a commercial airline, though you can't buy tickets for those flights.

Comment

• Would this be a commercial airline running scheduled military flights ?
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Nope, no military flights.

Comment

• Would that be either Vance W. Amory International Airport or Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport? They are home to the shortest scheduled commercial flight, at 9nm, through LIAT as LI507, Bombardier Dash 8, lasting 5 mins, so I believe, no tickets...

Comment

• Nope. Couple of other hints:

- I didn't say scheduled commercial service
                - One regular route only, and the airport scenery is more or less identical at both ends

Comment

• totally off the wall guess - Antartic supply route ? McMurdo to South Pole ?

Comment

• Nope, the service is between two normal cities.

Comment

• Port Stanley, Falkland islands?
                      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Nope, that's it neither.
                        Last hint before I disappear for the night (and really the entire next 20 hours or so):
                        - If you are actually on this flight, chances are you are travelling between work places without changing the employer.

Comment

• Hamburg Finkenverder ? Airbus I think fly staff between there and Tolouse

Comment

• is it hawarden airport, Broughton.

BMI regional operate flights to filton and Tolouse for airbus
                            one runway
                            dont think there is any military flights

Comment

• Originally posted by paulc View Post
                              Hamburg Finkenverder ? Airbus I think fly staff between there and Tolouse
                              Finkenwerder it is. The commercial airline would be OLT, operating week-daily service between XFW and TLS.

Your turn.

Comment

• Originally a grass airfield - now a single hard runway. First operational in 1910 and was used by US Navy Air Service in 1917

Comment

Working...
                                X