This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Southend Airport

The airport is located between Rochford and Southend town centres, in the county of Essex to the east of London. A frequent rail service runs from Rochford (3/4 mile away) to London Liverpool Street with a journey time of approximately 50 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
      London Southend Airport

The airport is located between Rochford and Southend town centres, in the county of Essex to the east of London. A frequent rail service runs from Rochford (3/4 mile away) to London Liverpool Street with a journey time of approximately 50 minutes.
      Nope. Don't forget the fish !!

...and you are the wrong side of "the pond".

...and think about how you can travel over a short bridge and yet find that it was an hour ago when you were at the other side ?
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Other side of the pond, so its in the Americas?

Comment

• Merle K. (Mudhole) Smith Airport?

Comment

• Not Merle K......but yes, it's in the US.

Comment

• Not very far from the site of a famous bridge. The bridge wasn't quite what the new owners thought they were getting !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                Not very far from the site of a famous bridge. The bridge wasn't quite what the new owners thought they were getting !
                You know so much more than all of us! I have no IDEA :P
                Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• An American bought a bridge and had it shipped to the US brick by brick. It wasn't the bridge he thought he was buying though....and he didn't use every brick during reassembly either.

That should give some food for Google !!

Oh yes....and the bridge was famous in its country of origin.

...and a pic of the fish I refer to. Also known by a part of the anatomy of a person who grinds grain !!
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2011-03-26, 12:34.

Comment

• Lake Havasu City Airport
                    or
                    Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport

EDIT- I'm sticking with Laughlin/Bullhead Int'l, as I see there are small fishes named bullhead

Comment

• Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
                      Lake Havasu City Airport
                      or
                      Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport

EDIT- I'm sticking with Laughlin/Bullhead Int'l, as I see there are small fishes named bullhead
                      I'll go for Lake Havasu then, due to the bridge anecdote. For those that don't know this place bought the old London Bridge thinking they had bought Tower Bridge.
                      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Laughlin Bullhead City it is. To explain the clues.....

The Bullhead or Millers Thumb (the anatomical part of the person who grinds grain) is the fish.

The bridge has already been explained. Remember that I said that the airport was near here, not at this place.

The one hour refers to Laughlin, on the Nevada side of the Colorado river being on the other side of the bridge to Bullhead City which is in Arizona.....which is a one hour timezone ahead of Nevada.

Your go again Ampo.
                        Last edited by brianw999; 2011-03-26, 17:59.

Comment

• Allright, no more numerical clues for me...

This airport is not in the Americas (N,S), nor in Oceania.

An Asian airline has a massive presence here, and is continuing to expand.

It is served by two airlines, for the 3rd one is only a division of the 1st one.

EDIT-I'll accept any of the 2 possible answers
                          Last edited by ced ampo; 2011-03-27, 09:39. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• new clue...

Runway's length is a ton more than the number in a defunct airline from the Americas' name.

Comment

• And the airline mentioned above is based in North America.

Comment

• And its not in Continental US, so not in the Lower 48

Comment

Working...
                                X