Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, the problem I have is finding an airport named after someone who was a staff sergeant. Plenty of inverted V airports come to mind, but those named after famous people are politicians most of the time...

Comment

• As Schultz in Hogan's Heroes would say: "I see nuttink"...

... but I went snooping around and found: Sonoma County Airport

Then I looked inside Charles M.Schultz's kennel and found: Snoopy and his Sopwith Camel.

Someone tell that dawg a hangar would be better than a dog house!

BTW: it looks like a V to me (sorry if you felt sick this afternoon... it was me. I turned the world upside down in GE)
      Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-03-12, 18:11.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Well done Paul...Charles M Shultz, Sonoma County Airport it indeed is.

Your turn.

For everyone else's info....if it comes to my turn again remember this...

I am given to sometimes being a little devious with my clues. Some lateral thinking is often needed

PS. The "something found in just about every commercial aircraft" is peanuts. Charles M Schultz is famous for being the author of the "Peanuts" cartoon strip.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2010-03-12, 18:22.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Your turn.
          Here we go...

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Hate to be a buzzkill after failing so miserably at the previous one, but:

GIG - Rio de Janeiro

Comment

• Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
              Hate to be a buzzkill after failing so miserably at the previous one, but:

GIG - Rio de Janeiro

we all have our time

Congratulations, over to you!

Comment

• Okay, let's start this:
                Two-runway airport, used to have 3 runways, one of which was closed over the years.
                Used to have just a single jetway, nowadays has 4 yet doesn't see a single mainline plane.

Comment

• Okay, no replies so far, so a little hint:

Hyundai might consider this a secondary home airport.

Comment

• Don't think I'm right as it seems to have more than 4 jetways now but...

Seoul Gimpo Int'l ?

Comment

• Nope, and while close to Hyundai, not anywhere close to the airport in question.

Comment

• OK then. Didn't think it would be but, hey ho !!

Hyundai have a secondary production plant in China so are we looking at that region ?
                        Then again, it seems that they also have production in India, Czech Republic and the US. Oh well, that buggers that question....

...or does it ?

Comment

• Well, let's put it this way, out of the 4 countries mentioned, the one in question is the one with the biggest obsession for SUVs .

Comment

• Montgomery Regional Airport.
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• MGM indeed, nowadays home to Hyundai's US production facility of the Sonata and Santa Fe.

Comment

• The next one:

There is a city with two airports. Both airports are named after individuals who died in an aircrash. Please give me the name of the larger of the two airports (both for bonus points ).
                                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
                                X