Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaga Airport, Spain. Also known as Pablo Ruiz Picasso Airport?

Comment

• Correct! Was about to mention the huge amount of Brits flying there, but apparently it's not needed

Over to you.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Just wondering, doesn't Malaga Airport have 2 runways, 13/31 and 12/30?

Anyway, somewhere where the year-round temperature is between 29 degrees celsius and 34 degrees celsius. This air base has operated airplanes from B-17C to A-4's to F-51's and F-5's!

Comment

• Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
          Just wondering, doesn't Malaga Airport have 2 runways, 13/31 and 12/30?
          Not yet apparently ...
          A new runway is due to open at the end of 2010. It will be located on the other side of the Terminal where the current runway is, and will be in the direction of 12/30. It is to have three rapid exits as well.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Brian, KGEG, LX-A343, anyone? any guesses?

Comment

Brian, KGEG, LX-A343, anyone? any guesses?
              A wild guess....Anderson AFB, Guam ?
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Completely wild, brian.

Comment

• With that kind of temperature range I'm guessing an island somewhere ?

Comment

• Most likely. They also operated Boeing 7x7.

Comment

• Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii ?

Comment

• Nope! Not even close!

Comment

• I see a name change, somewhere on the history museums. Sometime in the past, I was activated for Space, but it never materialised. I got 2 strips, f,doo long.

Guess a part of riddle and I'll send a clue on your PM inbox! The clue depends on how hard the part of the riddle did you answer!

Comment

I see a name change, somewhere on the history museums. Sometime in the past, I was activated for Space, but it never materialised. I got 2 strips, f,doo long.

Guess a part of riddle and I'll send a clue on your PM inbox! The clue depends on how hard the part of the riddle did you answer!
                            Diosdado Macapagal International Airport?

They changed name after the airport was transferred from a USAF base to civilian control. If I understand Wiki correctly it will change name again when it officially takes over the role of main airport for the region, replacing Ninoy Aquino. The new name will be Premier Gateway Airport. (probably some advertising company came up with that name, and got big bucks too)

This airport once served as a back-up landing site for the space shuttle, but it was never needed for that and is now no longer considered as a back-up. It has two 3200m long runways.

The fdoo in your hint is probably based on the QWERTY keyboard. The letter F is 2 keys to the bottom-right from 3, the letter D is 2 keys to the bottom-right from 2. The logic behind letter O escapes me, unless you intended them to represent number 0.

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• great job! The fdoo actually means 6400 as f is the 6th letter and d is the fourth letter of the alphabet and the oo does mean 00. Why 6400? it's 3200x2!

Comment

• Military operations at this field officially stopped in 1966 (the civlian side of the airport grew too large), but the field was not completely de-militarized till 1974.
                                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
                                X