Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason I also think it's in the UK.......

Comment

• No, not in the UK, buried in the middle of western europe.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• I'll even show you a picture...

Comment

• Has a small history of being used by F1 teams for aerodynamic testing.
          4921 feet hard runway
          The ex-Grand Prix circuit is about 100km away by road.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2012-02-14, 12:37.

Comment

• Hard wearing and stylish clothing.

Lands End had passed from favor but were the rage 20 years ago?
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Ah, right. Never heard of them. This particular brand of clothing has been around for years. I'm looking for the shortened way of referring to it by the way. Not its full name.

Comment

• Moss Airport Riggye .. Helly Hansen of Norway?

Into the garage and I tripped over a Gislaved, a nice sporting tire for winter sports so ... nah .. a stretch

Comment

• Nope, too far north.

Comment

• I'm feeling kind...

It's in France.

Comment

• The last French F1 track that I know has been Magny-Cours, which has been constantly used for F1 races from 1956-2008. But I don't see the "clothes" connection there.
                      I have to admit, I don't know all too many French GA airfields, and I am just learning about French airports that are older than LFPG Roissy (eg. Le Bourget).
                      And "Le Castellet" does not quite correspond to the satellite picture. Well, you are far in front of us, Brian, please give us another hint.

Or are there any French jp members who know a bit more?
                      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• Stumped totally, a rugged and durable line of out-of-doors sports clothing from France. Descente or CB are the only two that come to mind.

CB started by Hummel of Hamburg and Denmark and with Descente of Canadaian origins I am at a total loss. My first ski race pants were CB back in the late 60's and the Descente association with France probably favored by the Canadian Alpine ski team members.

Argggggggggggggggg.

Comment

• Megeve - Chamonix that has connections to the Millet brands.

Comment

• Just my 2 cents:

He 's not talking about a specific clothing brand, but the shortened name.
                            "jeans" is coming into my mind and villages, starting with Jean.... are very common in France.....

He is also talking about an ex F-1 circuit at 100km distance.
                            The only ex F1 circuits I know in France are Paul Ricard(le Castelet) and Le Mans.
                            I've been around in France for many many years and the photo doesn't really show the landscape of Southern France, so Normandy or Brittany or maybe the Elsace are coming into my mind.
                            So forget Paul Ricard.
                            My idea is an area more or less on a distance of 100km from le Mans.
                            The runway length of 4921ft still confuses me.
                            Maybe I am completely wrong, may be very close.....?

Comment

• Keep working on jeans. They are not a French brand of jeans but are probably the most famous brand. Two words, the first of which with an S added is the second word of the hyphenated airfield name.
                              Magny Cours is the ex French GP circuit but it's a bit closer than I thought at around 35km. Sorry about that.
                              Last edited by brianw999; 2012-02-16, 23:25.

Comment

• Oh Brian, did you ever wear jeans that have been marked as "Made in France"?
                                What comes to my mind with the word jeans, do you really want to know that, this would resemble a little promotion tour through "30 years of big name clothing in Germany"....
                                S'oliver, Levi Strauss 501, Pioneer, Wrangler, Esprit, Hugo Boss,
                                Oh my god, we need some women!! Where are the European aviation jeans French jp member ladies?

There is another French hero that just's come to my mind, Saint Exupery (LFLL), but his name is Antoine and not Jean...
                                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                                X