Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is is real?! Then How...?!

Hi,

You may have seen the clip I uploaded here ( http://up.upload.pk/download.php?file=78404523546c2809b97c89be99d5d79a ), I'd like to know if it's a real one?! No trick ?!?!?!

If it is, what factors helped the pilot to save from this incident? where and when didi it happen?

Regards

"IF" real it is truly amazing.

Factors that could have combined to save the pilot:

1. The aircraft has a very high power to weight factor. It can almost hang vertically from the thrust generated by the engine / propeller combination.

2. The pilot is skilled in aerobatic flight.

3. Lots of LUCK.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

There are some parts that look so massively CGI'd that I'm going to say fake. If it's real, then wouldn't a video as cool as that have made the news with headlines like "Pilot loses wing in flight: survives"?

Comment

Already see this vids a couple of times

Always good reading Don's chrystal-clear explanation, especially the first reason

Thanks again for contributing
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Absolutely no way it is real.

Comment

Second that.

Comment

Come on guys, itís a good fake and that sometimes it is hard to tell but it is fake. However to aviation professionals and aficionados I would think that the landing would be a dead giveaway that itís a fake. Do you think an aircraft with one wing could correct itself against the laws of physics and do it so crisply just before landing. Donít you think the landing gear or fuselage would have been damaged by such a hard landing?

The closer you look at it particularly if you compare frames from earlier in the video to frames near the end of the video there are clearly two different aircraft involved. It looks like there might be a model involved and some very good perhaps professional video editing.

The more you analyze it the more it should be obvious that it is a fake, though I understand at first glance that some might be fooled.

DEBUNKED: The Best Air Race Pilot Ever!!!
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=J72y_qFV2oc

Notice after landing how the wheel pants are white on the starboard side but yet when the aircraft turns the wheel pants appear black on the other side. The wheel pants look dark/black on the fly by; but yet at a very similar angle on the ground it appears to be white, then miraculously is black on the other side? Iíve never noticed any wheel pants that are different colors on each side. Quite strange indeed

THE BEST AIR RACE PILOT EVER DEBUNKED
              http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTCBiB0bOI

This one looks real.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNIhBlyepc

Comment

I really think that it's possible to fly only with one wing (this is, losing the wind on the air).
                But that landing, it's ridiculous. Obviously fake

Paulo

Comment

Originally posted by Shark_tt View Post
                  I really think that it's possible to fly only with one wing (this is, losing the wind on the air).
                  But that landing, it's ridiculous. Obviously fake

Paulo
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_EXtBEaBbs
                  In an F-15 it's possible.

Comment

Going along for fake
                    - the very short landing roll
                    - the overall shape of the "bird",
                    - looks admittingly too clean/not enough grubby for a substentially damaged bird

Going along for true
                    - Capt Zvi Nedevi provided for decisive pieces of advise to the pilot over the emergency radio

Btw
                    Thanks for posting this F.15 video. Given the professionalism of the key whitness, authenticity can't challenged
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I really think that it's possible to fly only with one wing
                      Indeed, an ASA Emb-120 did it(for a while anyway).
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I know the video is fake because of the clean break and the lack of any bits and pices (like the cables) hanging off where the wing broke off.

Additionally, at the end of the video the left aileron moves up and down. However, if in fact the right wing had broken off, tension would be lost in aileron cable system and the aileron could not be moved, except by aerodynamic forces.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                          In an F-15 it's possible.
                          A monoplane like an extra canít continue to fly if it loses a wing.

The F-15 mishap is a much different matter. The F-15 still had a little bit of wing left, and the body of the aircraft itself had a flat bottom and essentially was a lifting body. So there are still was some lift coming from both sides of the aircraft. Whereas in this fraudulent video, the entire wing is gone, and the bottom of the aircraft is round and not a lifting body. Therefore virtually all the lift on the aerobatic airplane would be coming from one side so it would be virtually impossible to right itself without thrusting itself downward ( losing significant altitude and being very awkward) and it would be impossible to sustain.

The F-15 was able to land because even though the symmetry of lift was thrown off side to side there still was lift coming from both sides. In order to compensate for the unequal lift, the pilot had to land the F-15 at an unusually high rate of speed. If I remember correctly he used up almost the entire runway and possibly broke an arrester or hook or cable.

The F-15 mishap is typically called ďno wingĒ but the fact is that it had a little bit of wing left, plus it had the lifting body.

F-15 No Wing And A Prayer (Clipped Wing) (No Wing)
                          http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PBHawwpeM

Comment

Working...
                          X