Getting typed on a certain plane inter-company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting typed on a certain plane inter-company

If I was typed on the 767, could I jump to the A380, or do you have to go in line from 767 F/O to Captain then to, let's say, a 747 F/O and then Captain, then move to the A380?
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Originally posted by Cam View Post
    If I was typed on the 767, could I jump to the A380, or do you have to go in line from 767 F/O to Captain then to, let's say, a 747 F/O and then Captain, then move to the A380?
    In my airline you can make any move your seniority allows. As a B767 FO I could bid to be a B744 FO, A330 FO, A380 FO, or a Captain on any type.
    The restriction is that B744 FOs cannot become B744 Capts without command time on another type and A380 FOs cannot become A380 Capts without command time on another type.

Comment

There is no rule that says you can not maintain currency in more than one aircraft type however most ALPA / US operators will not allow you to fly more than one aircraft type at a time. If you bid and are awarded a 767 line, that's what you fly until you bid and are awarded another type.
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore View Post
        If you bid and are awarded a 767 line, that's what you fly until you bid and are awarded another type.
        Well, in the specific case of the 767, that's not necessarily true. That's because it and the 757 share a type rating and I know of at least one ALPA carrier that has mixed 757/767 lines. I also know of two other carriers that do this, but they are both non-ALPA, although they are union.

Comment

Working...
        X