Balance the luggage better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance the luggage better?

A Swedish company has built a lifting machine for luggage, I wonder if you could make it track the luggage and the weight so you can balance the plane better?

Sold to Schipol whom handles 41 million bags every year.
    Autostranslation of link, with some correction by me,
    Stockholm company Lifts All received its largest order ever, from Amsterdam's airport. In the future, the company's vacuum lifters provide baggage locations are an additional handle.

Lifts All´s vacuum lifters suck solid bags with vacuum technology and relieve the weight.

- Now we forward on to get into more airports, "says CEO Svante Wibom.

Luggage Loading Vacuum Lifting Vacuum Technology - It is a prestigious order for us and a breakthrough on the airport market, "says Svante Wibom, CEO of Lifts All.

- Now we forward on to get into more airports.

Schiphol is one of Europe's largest airports. Each year 41 million loaded bags of hand luggage tape to trucks and vice versa. So far, all baggage is lifted by hand. They developed special lifts from All Lifts sucks solid bags with vacuum technology and relieve the weight, which reduces the strain on the loading staff. but how is the vacuum when it is not about flat suitcases but backpacks, ski packages or golf bags?

- With the vacuum technology are we about 90 percent of the luggage, the last ten, we'll include a hook that we give out, "says Svante Wibom.

- The advantage of the vacuum is that it will be faster, we can handle baggage lying helter-skelter. It gives less lift roads than if you just lift the hook in the West handles.

Lifts All specializing in manually operated lifting devices, with design and construction of Järfälla outside Stockholm.

Currently, the production are around 400 lifts a year, sold, mainly for the automotive industry, breweries, window and door manufacturers. Over half of production is exported.

Schiphol purchase of a first turn 66 vacuum lifts from All Lifts to a value of 1.5 million each, about 16 million SEK. In the long term it may be even more, the agreement is signed for three years and can provide an opportunity to deliver up to 300 lifts.
    "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

I thought it was something to load the luggage better...I was going to be all for it...there it nothing like a f--king 757 bulk load to ruine your day.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      I thought it was something to load the luggage better...I was going to be all for it...there it nothing like a f--king 757 bulk load to ruine your day.
      Yes, but as dual use, I wonder if you would balance the plane better?

Comment

Al...I get the load sheet from ops and chuck em' on...
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

How would this device assist in baggage load control? It's primarily a device to lift the bag and reduce the work load on the handler. Baggage is already run over a minimum of 2 scales before being loaded. Baggage loaded into containers uses the actual container weight and location in the weight and balance calculation. Aircraft that are bulk loaded have the ability to use actual baggage weights "IF" they have a method of collecting that data. Average weights have worked well on all large aircraft. From time to time commuter aircraft have been adversely affected. To the best of my knowledge, all accidents where W&B has been a contributing cause, there were other problems that also had a major impact.
          The system looks to be designed inside the terminal only.
          Unless the unit automatically weighs each bag, maintains a running total for each container / cart loaded and reports that information to operations where a location for loading can be assigned / recorded, the system is of little practical use for W&B control.
          Don
          Standard practice for managers around the world:
          Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore View Post
            How would this device assist in baggage load control? It's primarily a device to lift the bag and reduce the work load on the handler. Baggage is already run over a minimum of 2 scales before being loaded. Baggage loaded into containers uses the actual container weight and location in the weight and balance calculation. Aircraft that are bulk loaded have the ability to use actual baggage weights "IF" they have a method of collecting that data. Average weights have worked well on all large aircraft. From time to time commuter aircraft have been adversely affected. To the best of my knowledge, all accidents where W&B has been a contributing cause, there were other problems that also had a major impact.
            The system looks to be designed inside the terminal only.
            Unless the unit automatically weighs each bag, maintains a running total for each container / cart loaded and reports that information to operations where a location for loading can be assigned / recorded, the system is of little practical use for W&B control.
            The answer is, it don´t. Merely a suggestion from an aerosexual.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
              The answer is, it don´t. Merely a suggestion from an aerosexual.
              You prefer to have sex with aviation equipment? I can introduce you to my friend Starscream who is into humans.

From his match.com profile:

Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                You prefer to have sex with aviation equipment? I can introduce you to my friend Starscream who is into humans.

From his match.com profile:

Nah, I rather shoot my sponk at aviation pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                  Nah, I rather shoot my sponk at aviation pics.
                  Little bit too much information there amigo.
                  Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

On a more serious note, could a system incorporating this tool be used so no human contact is needed on the luggage?
                    Orly cargohandlers refuse to handle cargo from Mexico and Spain, which affect the flights
                    obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X