X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
    Stampe SV-4 ?
    ... a UK registered French bi-plane sporting an American F14 Tomcat squadron sticker on its side, you are indeed correct Sir!

... and its over to you for the next one Alex!
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-10-08, 21:35.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Originally posted by HB-IHC View Post
      ... a UK registered French bi-plane sporting an American F14 Tomcat squadron sticker on its side, you are indeed correct Sir!
      ... and its over to you for the next one Alex!
      Thanks !!!
      And the SV4 is a Belgium Pride !!!! (not frech)

I'll post a new pic when I'm home late tonight !

Comment

Thanks !!!
        And the SV4 is a Belgium Pride !!!! (not frech)
        My unreserved apologies for not recognising it's Belgian roots Alex!...

... and since this example was built under license by SNCAN in 1946 (c/n 451, previous ident: F-BCXQ) my correction is as follows:

A UK registered, French built, Belgian designed bi-plane sporting an American F14 Tomcat squadron sticker on its side

That's a puzzle in itself!
        Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-10-09, 13:33.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Sorry for the delay guys...

here you go, good luck !
          Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2010-06-07, 05:20.

Comment

• an Bae 31?
            Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Juulke View Post
              an Bae 31?
              Nope

Comment

• Yak-32 and, if so, almost certainly RA-0225G.
                Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-10-17, 13:10.

Comment

• Paul,
                  You really impresse me, how did you get it so quickly ? the pic comes from my collection and is nowhere to be found... even if yes there's been a few published since MAKS

Your turn !!!
                  Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2010-06-07, 05:20.

Comment

Paul,
                    how did you get it so quickly ?
                    "Elementary my dear Watson" ... although there was enough detail in the shot to discount a number of other possibilities, so maybe I should say "Deduction by elimination dear Watson"

Comment

• Originally posted by HB-IHC View Post
                      "Elementary my dear Watson" ... although there was enough detail in the shot to discount a number of other possibilities, so maybe I should say "Deduction by elimination dear Watson"
                      Well done then Mr. Sherlock
                      One last question.... why HB-IHC ? (which is an excellent choice !!!! )

Comment

Well done then Mr. Sherlock
                        One last question.... why HB-IHC ? (which is an excellent choice !!!! )

Hopp Schwiiz! ... Gerardo asked the same question when I started posting on these forums. Here's my answer:

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by HB-IHC
                        Hi Gerardo... well it's a very special memory for me so, since you ask, here's the story...

I travelled on this aircraft back in 1989 when it replaced the usual A310 on SR803 (LHR-ZRH) - the avatar is from the gate at Heathrow. I was travelling to my Grandfather's funeral in Sarnen which, I'm sure you will know, is the capital of canton Obwalden (my canton as a Swiss citizen) with my mother and aunt. Interestingly, the aircraft had recently been renamed from 'Luzern' to 'Obwalden' and we got an upgrade to business class as we boarded (they didn't know the reason for our trip). So, out of the 11 Swissair flights I've made, it's simply one of my best memories for the very special nature and coincidental things about that flight.

Interestingly, 'Obwalden' was also the name of the first aircraft I travelled on when I was just 3 years old - a Swissair CV440 (HB-IMR) and which I still have a flash memory of. How do I know the name: my mother remembers the huge cantonal shield that hung inside the cabin at the front.

Comment

• OK Guys... here goes, eyes down for the next puzzle, specific model req'd:

Comment

• Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604?

Cheers,
                            Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kjell Engkrog View Post
                              Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604?

Cheers,
                              Nice try but not correct....

Comment

• Citation VII then?

Cheers,
                                Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

Working...
                                X