Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm.. One could cheat on this image - Google brings up tail number 25016....

Comment

• Would that be the TF-86F, a two-seater version of the F-86 Sabre?

EDIT: And I think I found the original image.

Comment

• Indeed it is, the TF-86F Transonic Trainer.

Only two were ever built, both were conversions from single seat fighters. North American was hoping to capitalize on the success of the F-86F, but this was not to be. Instead the two seat version of the F-100 was ordered.

The one in the picture chrashed, and the USAF approved a second conversion, this one served as a chase plane at Edwards AFB for a number of years before being scrapped. This ship was converted from the last F-86F ever built, tail # 53-1228 One fun fact is that a Gentleman by the name of Bob Hoover was involved in these projects.

More of the story here

Here is another photo of the beauty:

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

• who goes next??
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenvox
          http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca

Comment

• It's CED-ampo's turn. I've PM'd him.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Apologies for the late reply. Lost track of this thread.

Here is the new one.

Comment

• Twin Mustang ?

Comment

• That was quick. Hats off!

Comment

• Blimey !!! That was a total guess ! Back soon, on nights right now.

Comment

• Here we go then...

Comment

• Here's some more....

Comment

• Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
                          That was quick. Hats off!
                          Yes. But in case of Brian, that's not a wonder. He doesn't say clearly how old he is, but imho, he could easily be my father, and this is a compliment.

Let us see, how many a/c do I know, that would deserve a b/w photography...
                          This is not a jet. And what do we see, two or three passenger windows?
                          But it's not a flightboat. And it's not

?
                          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• You're right..........it's not an M20. I'll post more soon. And I'm 64 by the way.

Comment

• It's beginning (with those windows), to look like the caravan that James Mays of UK's Top Gear "piloted" under a gas bag in one of their episodes.

Now is when Brian will post a very obscure component in the lower left, like a tie down since he's aware of his audience's total frustration.
                              Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Here's some more. Couldn't find any tiedowns unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X