Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Cargo Wins Airline of the Year

DALLAS, April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Southwest Airlines, America's most admired airline, receives recognition for its excellence in transporting cargo, not just Customers. The accolades continue as Southwest Airlines Cargo recently was named "Airline of the Year" by the Express Delivery & Logistics Association (XLA) -- formerly the Air Courier Conference of America.

Southwest accepted the award in March during AirCargo 2005, a conference and trade show for the air freight forwarding and expedited delivery industries that XLA co-sponsors with two other association partners.

"We are thrilled to be recognized for our efforts in providing the best cargo service in the industry," said Mack Sikorski, Southwest's director of cargo. "We know that our Customers rely on dependability, accessibility, and flexibility when it comes to cargo, and this award speaks volumes to our ability to provide them with just that."

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

This is MY department!
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Originally posted by PT737SWA
    Southwest Airlines, America's most admired airline
    In who's opinion

Comment

I've always wondered about SWA Cargo- how are their a/c configured? Or do they just ship the cargo along with pax on regular flights down in the hold?
      Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
        I've always wondered about SWA Cargo- how are their a/c configured? Or do they just ship the cargo along with pax on regular flights down in the hold?
        yep it goes in the belly of the plane.

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
          yep it goes in the belly of the plane.

Alex
          Anyone know some of the major clients that use SWA Cargo?
          Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
            Anyone know some of the major clients that use SWA Cargo?
            I believe USPS uses SWA Cargo.
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

So what were the guidelines, because NW Cargo (14 Dedicated freightors always have high rankings) so is it just "belly" cargo or what?

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
              I believe USPS uses SWA Cargo.

Sorta, they have a contract with FedEx though.

Comment

Most of WN Cargo's major business comes from frieght forwarders such as Eagle Global Logistics, DHL, FedEx, UPS & Airborne Express. We do also carry tons of USPS airmail. Some major commodities we ship are seafood, flowers, & tropical fish. The freight forwarders bring stuff to us from companies like Dell, Charlotte Russe, EA Sports plus we ship lots of aircraft parts for other airlines with AOG (Aircraft on the Ground due to maintenance).

Yes it does go under the same planes that carry WN passengers with their luggage. That's why we don't ship liquids like wine in case bottles were to break and get on passengers clothing.

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                In who's opinion
                Fortune Magazine, just a couple weeks ago. See their most admired companies report & WN was the highest ranked airline.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                X