Photography Location at Atlanta Hartsfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Location at Atlanta Hartsfield

I'm planning on taking my son to Atlanta Hartsfield airport to plane spot and shoot photos. Any recommendations on where to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

The back of the Renaissance Councourse Hotel is a pretty good place to spot. Its right neck to the airport.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by cmd74:
      The back of the Renaissance Councourse Hotel is a pretty good place to spot. Its right neck to the airport.

Thanks,

Was hoping to get down there today, but it looks like next weekend.

Comment

If the airport is heading east (rwys 8/9 in use), the top levels of either the north or south parking garages outside the main terminal are great. It'll cost you a few bucks, but the elevated view is well worth it.

I've not found any good, legal spots for spotting when 26/27 are in use.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I have been there recently. If traffic flows west to east, then go to the roof of the SOUTH parking garage. You will not even need a 300mm lens to shoot from there! Cost: $1/hr

Now, if traffic is east to west, you can still go to the garage but the planes do not go to the end of the runway so they dont pass right in front of you. But you can go to Clark Howell Highway and see some very closeup arrivals:
          Delta 767
          Air France Heavy

As you can see from the AirFrance pic, I am on the service Drive to I-285 at the Clark Howell overpass. There is an exit from I-285 East to Clark Howell Hwy/Loop Rd.

I was there for a couple hours and a cop pulled up and basically told me I had to leave because people were calling in about "a guy standing by the road taking pictures" and he said that I should go do this somewhere where I won't be noticed! And he sat in his car to make sure I left. Luckily, it was getting dark and I couldn't shoot much more anyway.
          View my photos at JP.Net
          Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
          Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

I will be in ATL somewhere around December 22nd. I am however limited to a 323mm shots....But ill check out the parking garage as bruce suggested.
            Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
            Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
            http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Working...
            X