favorite aircraft model manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite aircraft model manufacturer

What's your favorite aircraft model manufacturer and why? Don't hesitate to name some of the models you have

As for me, it's Dragon Wings and Herpa (new generation). They're great. I love the detail. But what I like most about them is their superb value for money. Might I also add, these models are the most abundant and towards the bottom of the price spectrum, at least where I am.

I like to build mine, and for that I like Revell Germany, and also Tamiya. I have finished an LTU A330, and an Alaska MD-83, and am working on an ANA B744D "Marine Jumbo, and a Canada 3000 A330

Comment

My favourite manufactor is Herpa. The quality is great and I know no other manufactor to built jets in 1:400 scale.

Sometimes I built a model from Revell or so by myself.

Andy
      Andy

Comment

Hi,
        I collect the push-fit models. I have around 70+ and have found that Long Prosper are the best make as they put the most detail into the model e.g Registration, Fan Blades in engines etc......

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Originally posted by LH 340-600
          My favourite manufactor is Herpa. The quality is great and I know no other manufactor to built jets in 1:400 scale.
          Andy
          Not quite sure what you meant by this statement??? Because Dragonwings, and Gemini Jets are both sole makers of 1:400, and thats all they build, Herpa, also builds 1:500, 1:200. So What did you mean by that?

Alex.

Comment

Herpa don't build too many 400 scale, I only have one myself. As you said so yourself southwest, Dragon Wings and Gemini tend to do those types.....

BTW, Starjets are coming out with some great new models. SIA A343s and 777s in regular colors and the 50 year anniversary scheme. Very nice. I gotta get me some tomorow :P

Comment

oops. I got the wrong scale. Actually most of my models are 1: 500.
              Andy

Comment

I like Herpa wings for the small planes and for the snap-fit Long Prosper!
                YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Bienvenue à bord les ailes d'Air Transat!

Comment

Another company I like is Hogan. They make the best snap together models around! The detail is incredible and one can choose whether to install the landing gear or not! They also have an excellent value for money!

I think they are a branch of Herpa, I see some resemblance to their New Generation 1:500.

Comment

As for me, Revell Germany models are very good.
                    Both the military and civil airplanes are quite accurate and very well priced!!
                    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

does anyone know of any retailers of Herpa Wings models in Ottawa, Canada?
                      and maybe their price range?

Comment

Corgi and Schabak

Comment

Originally posted by B777-400
                          does anyone know of any retailers of Herpa Wings models in Ottawa, Canada?
                          and maybe their price range?
                          If you cant find any Herpa wings in Ottawa, may I possibly suggest looking on the Herpa website. I think you can purchase online. They have everything there! Go have a look

Whoa Greg, Schabak. Now those were classics, very fragile in terms of livery but classics nonetheless. I remember the small Schabak collection I had as a wee elementary schooler. I havent see one in a store for ages!

Comment

I haven't seen Schabak models for a long time either. My first models are from Shabak. But now I prefear Herpa because details, quality and the printed planes.
                            Andy

Comment

RE

I like Gemini Jets.
                              Cory Klimko

Comment

Working...
                              X