Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobalt regrets to announce that it will be cancelling all Flights

PRESS RELEASE: PASSENGERS

Cobalt regrets to announce that it will be cancelling all Flights as of 23:50pm on October 17, 2018 due to indefinite suspension of Cobalt’s operations. As a result, future flights or services provided by Cobalt will be cancelled and will no longer operate.
    Passengers who have un-flown tickets are instructed not to go to Larnaca Airport or any departure airport tomorrow, 18 October 2018 as no Cobalt flights will operate and no Cobalt staff will be present.
    For refunds, please contact your credit card provider or Travel Agent.
    We sincerely apologise once again and would like to thank our very loyal customers for their support over the last two years of Cobalt operations.

https://cobalt.aero/

Hm. First of all, you as a man in Israel feel responsible for aviation in Cyprus?
    Yes, I mean, you are definitely closer to Cyprus than I am. And what if you are the jetphotos member who is closest to Cyprus.

But let me talk about my now.. and I really try to stay humble in view of cases like the fatal Ju-52 accident with zero survivors this year,
    almost 10 years as a jetphotos forum member,

the IATA code CO in my eyes does not belong to an airline in Cyprus!

I talk about Continental Airlines, which existed
    for almost 78 years
    between May 1934 and March 3rd, 2012 with the IATA code CO.

To stay polite, I don't call everybody a thief who 'steals' such a code, but

you opened a topic for an airline which existed for less than 3 years. Here in this forum, we know similar happenings: e.g. La Mia Bolivia, who owned valid landing rights
    between 2015 and 2016.

I don't use the word 'airline' for such happenings. What is a successful international airline. I'd say
    a) older than me
    b) and known on more than 1 continent for successful flights with a length of 2,000 nautical miles or more.

That is and always will be Continental airlines (IATA: CO, 1934-2012),

and not short term happenings which were founded even after you joined this forum!
    Greetings.

PS: Be honest. You also like this aircraft (and this aeroporto..) and you wonder why Cyprus should operate an own airline, cp. in Hamburg (without an airline only for this town) live clearly more people than in Cyprus... Here is your aircraft, isn't it, on one of my beloved airports :
    LY-B744 at Villafranca aeroporto, 2018.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-10-19, 02:14. Reason: What's an airline. At least 10% of me, at least 4 years imho.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Sorry but I can't really be short on certain topics, Erez.

What do we need for an airport with more than 20 million passengers per year. What we always need, connections, not only with Italy, the Czech Republic and the USA .

Here on my home airport only a few days ago I discovered an overland bus with a license tag (dt.: Kfz-Kennzeichen) which forced me to have a second and a third look at it...
      The blue part on the left side said, ok, Europe, but.. SK, which stands for Slovakia (!).

Which is, if we talk about Bratislava, not less than 1000 km or 625 US-miles (on the road) away from my home airport.. With another jetphotos member, I recently talked about what some people call a foot walk. But this overland bus is good for more than a foot walk.

Welcome to Lohausen International airport, all you overland buses.

Comment

I am indeed close to Cyprus, which is the closest country to Israel except the neighboring Arab countries.
        But my closeness does not the story here..
        Personally, as an aviation enthusiast, I feel sorry for every sad event in the aviation world, it does not matter to me whether it happened close to me or on the other side of the world.
        Regarding the "theft" - I am a little less involved.

Comment

And that's a thing which I've never called you, but that was meant for Cobalt Air.

Btw, do you know somebody with the name "Captcha"? That really seems to be a f* idiot! He tried to tell me that between 2000 and 0800 CEST all entries are written by robots. Now, what would be your answer for Mr Captcha? My answer is this one:

My consequence is, I'll no longer write useful entries between 2000 and 0800 DUS time!

Comment

Let's rather say I'll do what Mr Captcha also does, display
            alot
            of useless bad quality photos, which can reach the number of 1,000 within one minute with a fast finger on Mr Capchas refresh button..

Let me utter one last wish. If a robot here is necessary, pls take one which is not tired after I've misused him for less than 1 minute!
            Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
              And that's a thing which I've never called you, but that was meant for Cobalt Air.

Btw, do you know somebody with the name "Captcha"? That really seems to be a f* idiot! He tried to tell me that between 2000 and 0800 CEST all entries are written by robots. Now, what would be your answer for Mr Captcha? My answer is this one:

My consequence is, I'll no longer write useful entries between 2000 and 0800 DUS time!
              An awful lot of people are waiting for you to write a useful entry at any time .......
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                An awful lot of people are waiting for you to write a useful entry at any time .......
                Actually, I don't think anyone has any such expectations of him anymore. Useful? I'll be grateful if he posts something even somewhat coherent.

Comment

Working...
                X