TAP A340 retirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAP A340 retirement?

I read that TAP were to retire their A340’s at the beginning of 2019, but I have booked a flight with them in September 2019 and my flight is still listed as an A343 from Lisbon to Maputo. Have the decided to keep them going or should I expect it to be subbed for an A330?

Thanks!

The A339s are late so the A343s will stay longer than originally planned.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

First of all,

a happy New Year for all of us!

Welcome to this meeting of jetphotos senior members. TAP, I've not seen you for quite a while! Man, Good to see that you are healthy and still active here. Since a few months, I have one question for Niki Lauda, but his health should be 100% before he again starts to answer questions..

Back on topic. The TAP A330-900neos already are in the air, that's what I've read so far. At least one of these. So, we sit at the source, we should be able to find jetphotos..
      One second, let me have a look...
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

That's what the internet once was invented for, right. Information, so fresh from the camera, that it still smells brandnew!
        Here it is, photographed yesterday (!). TAP-A339.

First spotting session this year to get the delivery flight of two Airbus A330-941neo (CS-TUC and CS-TUD) arriving with 20 minutes apart freshly from Airbus's factory in Toulouse. This was Captain's last flight and I would say it was certainly a great way to finish the career. (1200px). CS-TUD. Airbus A330-941. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It almost seems like an A330-300, beyond the cockpit windows, which indeed have the A350 'coon' look. Or what would you say. A nice brandnew aircraft.

So, .. That's a thing which I wondered two or three years ago, will I change my nickname when 'the real thing' is no longer in the air. My answer is no.

What do you think about your nickname? Too good to change it, if you ask me.

PS: I've found another place where four engined jets are still in the air. On the DUS - NYC route. I just wonder if I'm allowed to show this photo, but, since I am not the first one who really published the a/c reg, that should be no problem....

EW-A343 somewhere between DUS and NYC

Voe mais alto. I know what that means in German only because of one man.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
        X