• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Introduces Second New Paint Scheme And Image

April 1, 2004
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

UNITED INTRODUCES SECOND NEW PAINT SCHEME AND IMAGE WITHIN TWO MONTHS

United Airlines renamed the company this morning, introducing a new image, paint scheme and logo, a mere two months after another paint scheme revision. “That last paint scheme that we introduced just didn’t cut the mustard”, Glenn F. Tilton, Chairman, Chief Executive and President of United Airlines said at this morning’s press conference. “We needed a new image that goes beyond ‘United’ and ‘Ted’”.

After introducing a new paint scheme on a Boeing 777 and a Canadair Regional Jet in February, the company conducted focus groups to gauge customer reaction. “The reaction was overwhelmingly negative”, Mr. Tilton said. “People were simply unimpressed. We realized that we had to ‘reimagine’ the whole company”.

Company executives realized that they didn’t know diddly-squat about marketing, so they brought in outside consultant Richard Ferris for advice. Ferris is a former airline executive who has extensive experience in successfully renaming corporations. His first task was to review the company’s glorious history for inspiration. “I realized that the best thing that UAL, Incorporated ever did was rename itself “Allegis” back in the late 1980s”. Furthermore, the public obviously likes stupid, made-up transportation names. “Just look at the popularity of ‘Acela’”, Ferris suggested.

Once the name had been resurrected, the next task was to design a paint scheme. “Our previous color schemes were all too original” Ferris said. “We wanted something that would blend in with the crowd at the airport, so we went with an all-white fuselage. All of the other airlines are doing it and we didn’t want to be left behind. It should also make our aircraft easier to sell to another carrier in case we have to liquidate in the future”.

The new image was unveiled on N165UA, a Boeing 747-238B hastily retrieved from Orient Thai for the occasion. “Why bother to repaint one of those stealth gray 747-400s at Victorville when a classic like this is available?” Ferris asked.

The airline distributed a photo of the new paint scheme, which can be found here:

Support Team Twin Towers: http://teamtwintowers.org/
    The Unofficial JFK Airport 50th Anniversary Page: http://members.tripod.com/~psa188/
    The best slide auction on the net:
    http://www.auctiontransportation.com/sites/psa188/

wow. i'm speechless, not liking that so much! But it's not real so what are you gonna do...

Comment

UA Introduces Second New Paint Scheme And Image

Wow, great, I just read the exactly same on a.net.

-Colin

Comment

As a correction, I actually spoke to a friend of mine (he's a flight engineer in the A317 for United) and he told me that the first plane to be painted in the new (i.e., second new) c/s will actually be a Caravelle...
        AIRIGAMI.NET
        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Is this an April Fools Joke on us about United introduced another new paint scheme? LoL

Jeffrey Mora
          UAL744LAX
          ///U N I T E D///
          It's Time To Fly!

Comment

A lot better than Scott's attempt at an April fool, I almost believed this one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
                I almost believed this one.
                Your that dumb Grant? :P

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                  Your that dumb Grant? :P
                  Nope I just got used to seeing "Airline orders 30 Airbuses" threads so I almost thought this was legit.

Comment

April 1st, Grant. Can't believe anything today. Espically when the attached photo is of a made-up airline

Comment

Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Working...
                      X