why do people pay to join a.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people pay to join a.net?

Its quite stupid considering that there are atleast five other forums that they can post at for free, I mean they're paying 25 dollars each just to be able to post at those forums, while 98 percent of the site is accessible for free including reading the forums, then there are some who are paying something else to join as first class members, hmm....like would do they get? a free trip to some resort as reward? not just that there are others who have paid to join again after being banned, these are people who had joined it for free when membership was free, and there also people who have multiple usernames so they must have paid even more, and there are people joining everyday, why? whats so great about those forums? the only thing I see is that they're able to attract more attention to useless pointless threads that would not see more than two readers and no replies at other forums.

If people want to pay to post at Airliners.net let them, it's non of your business to critisise what people and other websites do.

Comment

I think thats a bit of a harsh reply Grant T. I agree with Lunn, I think its foolish to pay to use a forum, its just throwing money away really. Its bored people paying for silly things

Comment

Maybe he paid to join as well thats why the agitated response.

Comment

why do people pay to join a.net?
          Becase they want to.

Comment

I know some of you may feel offended beacuse you have paid to join there, but whats wrong with posting at the free forums, why do people have to join that place when there's something available for free?

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
              I know some of you may feel offended beacuse you have paid to join there
              Can I just say that I'm not a member of airliners.net and I don't intend to be.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
                why do people have to join that place when there's something available for free?
                Errr... maybe because they want to join that forum? Your question sounds a bit like "Why do people buy VWs when they can get the same quality for a cheaper price at Skoda?"

Comment

I never knew an investment like a car that could be with your for years and is needed and requires consideration and studying various other choices available, is comparable to posting at an insignificant forum that charges you and is largely frequented by hormoanlly charged ignorant teenage armchair CEO's, while there are other more proffessional ones like PPRUNE avialable for free.

Comment

Maybe some people who pay to join are not armchair CEOs or hormonally charged ignorant teenagers?

Plus, the a.net forums are not only about the technical aspects of commercial aviation. There are trip reports, an aviation photography forum and a military aviation forum.

But I see, discussing that will be rather fruitless.

Comment

LUNN it goes something like this; people have a thing called "free will", which we use to make decisions all by ourselves. In the case of airliners.net people use their brain to make a decision whether to pay to use the forum, thereby it's their problem if they decide to join not yours.

Comment

I have to admit I agree with Grant. "Who cares". There is an awful lot of naval gazzing by people on this site in relation to the other sites. If you want to look at the other site got ahead. If you want to know why they spend their money to belong to that site pay your bucks, sign in and ask them.

(That's my rant today. I'll go for groceries now).

Comment

I think they join A.Net because of how active the forums are, unlike JP.net, which will eventually get there. A.Net you can probably get an answer to a question within a matter of minutes.

Comment

As if 5$ a month is really a big deal...

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                              As if 5$ a month is really a big deal...

-Clovis
                              Clover, a one-time 25$ payment seems to be within even more people's reach...

Comment

Working...
                              X