X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX photo locations update

Hi guys
    I maybe up to a trip at LAX next July, for the Airliner Convention
    Plan to stay a couple of days for pics, which are locations still practicable.
    Also what about Detroit, Boston, and Chicago ?
    Thanks in advance
    Take your time
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

The Hilton can provide some nice early morning shots of arrivals if you get a room at the airport end on the top floors.

Comment

Actually Dan, the sun is now bad in the morning anywhere at LAX. It rises directly down the centerline of the runway. No airplanes crossing the sun like in winter. However, the northside is now reasonably good for photos from about 5-5:30pm onwards. Since sunset is around 7:15pm...there is also more traffic to be had.

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis,

How is the sun angle in early July around the time of AI2004? Just curious..........

Comment

Same as now Steve, just it sets farther north...so better Northside shooting.

-Clovis

Comment

Has anybody recently taken shots from the bridge thats just south of the In-n-Out? I took pictures there last summer. LAPD did'nt say anything and they drove by about every 10mins, but Customs stopped by and asked me what I was doing. Just curious to know if anyone has been kicked off the bridge?
            -Ralph Duenas

Knowledge & Power Overcome Superstition And Luck.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't finally fly to LAX next July. Thanks again for reading and posting replies, which I keep in mind just in case...
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I may be paying a brief visit to LAX in the next few weeks - as I will not have a car, is it possible to take pictures from the car parks by the Tom Bradley or is the hassle factor going to be a problem.

If I know which days I will be coming I will try and post here.

Comment

Working...
                X