-Malaysia
    -Thai
    -Air India
    -South African
    -ANA
    -Jal
    -Korean
    -Air China
    Are any of these interested in the A 380?
    I can't see any American Airline to order this jet since they go for smaller jets.
    Andy

I cant see BA being interested in the A380 they suit 747's ect.. better, and there c\s wound'lt suit it, I dont think but then again its not about c\s its about pax

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Cathay and SAA have bee said to be interested. In my opinion, Thai is another candidate. But in these times I don't think we will see an airline placing such a huge order.

Regards
      Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi,
        Haven't FedEx cancelled their A380's?

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

p.s its Qatar not Quatar

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

P.S. it's their, not there.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Hi,
            Qatar Airways are building their own airport in Doha ready for the A380's.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

I found a list with the orders for the A 380. It's direct from the airbus hp. lust update was from 28th february this year.

10 Air France
              22 Emirates
              10 Fedex (still in the list)
              10 ILFC (who will get these?)
              15 Lufthansa
              12 Qantas
              10 Singapore Airlines
              06 Virgin Atlantic

Comment

I think Cathay will place an order too. There is no way, with their passenger load, and airline status, that they will not get A380's. Perhaps they are waiting for the Cathay-Dragonair thing to blow over.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I wouldnt be suprised if they did. But maybe this time Cathay will stay loyal to Boeing. After all, Boeing is developing 747 derivatives and I don't know if CX really need one big monster. They seem very happy using the B744s and upping or lowering frequencies accordingly.

I heard that Boeing will press on with the previously cancelled 747-500 and -600 designs as a result of the A380. Maybe Airlines like Cathay and the Boeing-loyal Thai, ANA, JAL, and BA will do the same.

In my opinion, I'd rather the Boeings if they build the -500/600s, I've seen possible design studies, now those designs are sleek!

Comment

BA's Boeing-loyalty is over, they are going for an all-Airbus shorthaul fleet.

Regards
                    Peter

Comment

True, but they still have a sizable B744 and B772 fleet. I doubt they'll go for the A380.

Comment

It's a matter of time until they swap the old 747s against newer Airbuses. The 777 may survive, though, until it gets replaced by the successor model of the A.330 .

Regards,
                        Peter

Comment

Hi

In A.net somebody wrote, that Fedex cancelled their order. But so far, no sources have been mentioned and no "serious" rumour appeared regarding FedEx and the A380.

I also doubt, that BA will go for the A380, but I can definitely see CX operating a few on their trunk routes. 2 of their main competitors have ordered it already: Qantas and Singapore.

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Aerpix, I doubt the 777s will get replaced anytime soon. I reckon it will be another decade before BA start making replacement plans. I do however I reckon that BA will replace the B763 with the A332.

Comment

I think the airlines mentioned will wait and see what Boeing comes up with. If they don't like it or if Boeing doesnt come up with anything, then yeah, the A380 could be a real possibility with these airlines.

Comment

Working...
                              X