Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbus boss calls 7E7 a "Chinese Copy" of A330?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus boss calls 7E7 a "Chinese Copy" of A330?

There is a thread started on A.net saying that
    "at the ILA in Berlin, Airbus-Boss Foregard was giving a statement calling Boeings 7E7 project a Chinese copy of the A330-200"
    (apparently, this refers to the tendency of Chinese copying every non-Chinese products and selling their copies cheap)

( http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/1559355/ )

Can anyone confirm this speech? If he did say something to this effect, he can forget about selling A380s (and any Airbus aircraft) to China.
    Next:
    None Planned

Surely that won't offend any of the Asian customers. Boeing already rules that part of the world anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

shouldn't it be that the A330 is a copy of the 767?
      www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
        shouldn't it be that the A330 is a copy of the 767?
        That is what I would think, none the less I don't see the A330 have a 8,000+ NM range, self tinting windows, composite bodies, LARGE windows, light show, large interior space, interchangble engines.

So to me that really shows that it is a copy of the A330. Also the 7E7 is not strictly a replacement for the 757/767 if you look at its range. Gee for a cheap chinese copy, the 7E7 already has nearly half of Airbus's oversized airplane that I dont think that anyone could fill- A380.

Comment

Airbus boss calls 7E7 a "Chinese Copy" of A330?

Obviously Airbus doesn't expect to sell any planes in China. Well, since the demand is said to be for several thousand new planes in the next 20 years, Boeing can be very happy .

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            self tinting windows
            How will we take pictures from the airplane windows?
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Not the safest option..............but you can use a lifehammer for taking pics

I don`t think that it is a smart thing to talk bad about your competitions programs...........just see what happens......or come up with a better idea.

Anyway...............the 7E7 looks really cool..........but I also like the 330..........so eeeeehm I`ll come back to a earlier statement I made......as long as it flies..........I`ll be allright
              check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                Originally posted by chrisburns
                self tinting windows
                How will we take pictures from the airplane windows?
                Good Questing, maybe by then cameras will have a feature that allow something like that to become irrelevent

Comment

Its hard to believe Airbus would say that. I though they would try to attack Boeing's sales in Asia, especially since they're outselling Boeing two years running.

Comment

Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      Surely that won't offend any of the Asian customers. Boeing already rules that part of the world anyway.
                      Actually although most planes flying in China now is Boeing's product, China's plane order in recent years show nearly a 50/50 split between A and B.
                      Next:
                      None Planned

Comment

Look how Stonecipher speaks and look how that classless jerk Foregeard speaks.

When you speak publicly, you must use some decency and class. I'll tell you all this much. The 7e7 will absolutely PISS on the A330 in sales and shut that Airbus asshole up.

I know AB wants to push the A380 in sales and brags how great it is. No doubt the A380 will be a superb aircraft. As for the number of sales....AB is pulling those numbers out of a hat.

Back to stupid comments.

Foregeard's comment was absolutely racist without intent. Nonetheless racist. He needs to make a retracton on what he just said.

When Boeing brought forth the concept of the Sonic Cruiser, it DARED to be different. Boeing tried but failed to bring out what Aviation should keep on trying for and that is FASTER SERVICE.

Now Boeing reverted to bringing out an aircraft with innovation in efficiency and all Airbus is doing is turning its back on a lion while laughing.

The A380 will be successful but nowhere as successful as an innovative super-efficient smaller aircraft of 200 to 250 seats.

A380 = limited routes with success
                        7e7 = virtually unlimited routes with success

Figure it out yourself.

Professionalism is important in International Buisness. Foregeard is screwing up AB image with his no class taste.
                        Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

Originally posted by beyond 1000
                          The 7e7 will absolutely PISS on the A330 in sales and shut that Airbus asshole up.
                          Wow! How do you really feel?

Click Here to view my aviation photos.

Comment

While I am partial to Airbus, this is starting to get out of hand. While I do see the need to play down your competitors as a PR role (both sides do it) to some extent they should at least be a little more professional about it. Let's hope this doesn't upset the Chinese whose business Airbus would like.

beyond 1000, your colourful use of language shows your class.

Comment

Originally posted by A340_flyer
                              Let's hope this doesn't upset the Chinese whose business Airbus would like.
                              Then pray that the Chinese media doesn't pick this up. Although the media in China are heavily controlled by the government, they will not hesitate to report this to the public in full. And if that happens...
                              Next:
                              None Planned

Comment

Working...
                              X