Aerolineas Argentina launches Buenos Aires - San Juan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerolineas Argentina launches Buenos Aires - San Juan

Aerolineas Argentinas will inaugurate a weekly nonstop flight from Buenos Aires to San Juan in November. The weekly service will operate with an Airbus A340-300 continuing to Miami.
    Next:
    None Planned

AR's expanding is great news. However both the destination and the plane are strange. Maybe the parking fees at MIA are too high, which could explain why they picked SJU. Surprises me, since I thought the only EZE-SJU traffic were charters.

Re the plane: A340-300?! That means Mr Mata plans to lease an A343? I thought they wanted a 342...

Great yet strange news!

Comment

It has been said that more and more people from Puerto Rico have been visiting or at least intending to visit Argentina in the last years.

The flight will be done by a A340-200. The reason is simple: even if AR were to get an A340-300, they couldn't use it on that route unless it is registered outside Argentina. On it's routes to the USA AR can only use those LV-registered planes that were registered before Argentina entered Category 2, thus excluding the 747-400, the A310-300, and any plane that they might get in the future. I think SJU is not the problem (don't know if they are fully subject to Category 2), rather MIA (the flight would end/originate in MIA).

There are also advanced plans to serve ZRH in cooperation with Air Plus Comet via MAD, just as CDG and LGW.

Comment

Working...
      X