Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with getting a lens please

Hi
    I am looking for a strong lens for my 300D in the price range no higher than 150$. I have seen a Canon 75-300 F/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens for 140$. Any other lenses I can look at?
    thanks

100-400L ..........Oh wait i thought you said $1,500

Comment

Is this a good lens for my camera?

TAMRON 70-300 LD MACRO 1:2 F4-5.6 FS=62/CANON EOS

Comment

Not fanstastic get the Canon 75-300 if you can

Comment

Also Sigma has a 70-300 lens... might want to do some research on that one too. I think the Sigma one might be a bit more expeensive but no a whole lot.

Comment

Just FYI I use a Canon 75-300 USM III

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

-Clovis
              Really? Wow, i'm getting that lens then cuz your photos are such high quality!

Comment

Well in the wrong hands it is a crappy lens. Then again in the wrong hands a 10D is a crappy camera.

And in anyone's hands a Nikon is a crappy camera :P (j/k)

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by 777Captain
                  Originally posted by Leftseat86

-Clovis
                  Really? Wow, i'm getting that lens then cuz your photos are such high quality!
                  Dude, don't expect to have ass-kicking images right away. It takes practice before you can get quality photos. The 75-300 USM III is a good start though...
                  Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                  No Frontiers

Comment

Go Canon - the 75-300 is good value for money - i had to avoid 300mm though as it gets a little soft at that end, but got some great stuff from it before I upgraded .

Comment

Canon 75-300mm is the way to go. It's cheap and can be a very good lens. However remember a filter to protect the lens, I didn't have a filter for the first several months of shooting with my lens and consequently the front glass is somewhat pitted. Fortunately it doesn't affect image quality, only resale value...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                        Canon 75-300mm is the way to go. It's cheap and can be a very good lens. However remember a filter to protect the lens, I didn't have a filter for the first several months of shooting with my lens and consequently the front glass is somewhat pitted. Fortunately it doesn't affect image quality, only resale value...
                        I clean the front of my lens after each shooting session with compressed air and a lens pen (a thing that has a brush at one end a a bit of felt at the other). And it cleans it just fine. To protect it i use a hood but no filter... it's ok so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X