No announcement yet.

JB's list of possible new destinations:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it just doesn't seem jblu type..... they seem to hit the "more popular" tourist destinations........
    Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

that list pretty much covers every major city in the u.s., canada, and mexico. i wouldn't call that news, more like, obvious.
      www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by assghanistan
        it just doesn't seem jblu type..... they seem to hit the "more popular" tourist destinations........
        Yeah...but ABQ is also a pretty big business center too.
        Maybe when they get their 190s. (is there range?)

Comment

The 190s can go 2200 nmiles.

JFK-ABQ is around 1800.
          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

I think it would work, but they need to wait for their 190s. This route has enough pax to fill a 320, but frequency is also an issue...

Comment

Even though JFK is their hub, I don't think they realize the potential goldmine available at EWR... if only there were more space and less delays...

I could tell you that they wouldn't do good at ACY...
              www.acairport.com

Comment

If jb expanded to EWR, CO would kick them out before the service started!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                  If jb expanded to EWR, CO would kick them out before the service started!
                  Everybody I know or talk to up by my mom's area (20ish min. from EWR) and even friends around here always wonder, "When will JB come to EWR?? Relatives and friends in Long Island/NYC fly JB from JFK and tell good stories, and word gets around. However, going all the way to JFK for domestic flights is a headache. Everyone is still wondering though, will JB come to EWR?

I also think that maybe they would do great at TTN once they get their 190's and TTN's new terminal and concourse opens (actually, the 2 will occur at around the same time). TTN is centrally located and can grab those in Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, Burlington, and Middlesex counties who normally go to EWR, as well as those in neighboring PA counties (Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, Delaware). TTN could be a great secondary airport to PHL (if they could get more than 2 airlines; what they have now).

Also, get this. A train from PHL to downtown Philadelphia costs $5. (~30 min.)
                  A train from TTN to downtown Philadelphia costs $2.25. (~50 min)

A train from TTN to NYC costs $11. (~1 hr. 10 min)
                  A train from EWR to NYC costs $11. (~30 min.)
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

Yeah, but word of mouth isn't enough. Look what happened when jetBlue tried to enter "the ATL." I was there right before the service started and everyone was so excited to have jetBlue coming and they all were gonna make their reservations and everything, but look what happened!

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      Is there a big secondary airport around Phoenix, like in Tempe, Mesa or Scottsdale? That's a possibility... It would be like Long Beach near LAX.
                      The only other airport in the Phoenix area that I think would be suitable for commerical aircraft would be Williams Gateway Airport in Mesa. I heard a rumor that in 20-something years when Sky Harbor reaches its capacity, that could be a feasible location for a new airport. They already have a good runway there. Two years ago the AN-225 landed there to deliver some equipment for a power company. The reason it landed there is because the runway was better than any of Sky Harbor's. Scottsdale also has an airport that could probably handle commerical traffic, but the residents would never ever allow for that.
                      -Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                        * Albuquerque, N.M.- it could work
                        * Austin- dont think it would work well, not enough room
                        * Bermuda- odd choice
                        * Calgary- Yet another odd choice, maybe AC or westjet would have something to say
                        * Cancun- Teens and JFK, I dont think so
                        * Charlotte- US Airways, i dont know
                        * Chicago- Where, Gary? No room at either airport
                        * Cincinnati- Failed in ATL, will fail in CVG
                        * Cleveland- Might work
                        * Columbus, Ohio- Not to sure, used to live there, but i dont know that it will work
                        * Dallas/Fort Worth- Get killed
                        * Detroit- REALLY STUPID MOVE- NW, NW, NW, and of course Spirit
                        * Greensburg, S.C.- Odd
                        * Halifax- Really odd
                        * Indianapolis- Maybe, but ATA would retailiate
                        * Jacksonville, Fla.- Could work, but only with a 320
                        * Kansas City- Ummm, not too sure
                        * Louisville, Ky.- Again not too sure
                        * Memphis- NW, NW, NW, NW- Dont mess with the Big Red

* Milwaukee- Hmm, Midwest and NW, stupid move
                        * Minneapolis- REALLY REALLY STUPID MOVE
                        * Montréal- AC will go after them
                        * Nashville- Could work
                        * Nassau- Seasonal maybe
                        * Norfolk, Va.- Maybe
                        * Pittsburgh- Well plenty of gate space soon.
                        * Philadelphia- Hmm, US would have something to say, and maybe WN
                        * Phoenix- America West, enough said, but a good choice
                        * Portland, Me.- too short for using their aircraft
                        * Portland, Ore.- Maybe, but I dont know
                        * Raleigh/Durham- Odd
                        * Reno- Might work, but not too sure
                        * Richmond, Va.- Odd
                        * San Antonio- could work, here comes CO and WN?
                        * St. Louis- WN, and AA
                        * Toronto- AC and possibly WestJet
                        * Tucson- Good choice
                        * Vancouver- Not sure about that
                        This is a potential list, nothing is in stone. I am sure my bosses know what is good for the airline, other than ATL, everything else has worked so far!

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                          Everybody I know or talk to up by my mom's area (20ish min. from EWR) and even friends around here always wonder, "When will JB come to EWR?? Relatives and friends in Long Island/NYC fly JB from JFK and tell good stories, and word gets around. However, going all the way to JFK for domestic flights is a headache. Everyone is still wondering though, will JB come to EWR?
                          It probably won't ever happen. Right now I think that David and Dave are looking at cities under served or that have very high fares where we could come in and make money. I don't see us making money out of EWR because of CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Tornblom
                            Right now I think that David and Dave are looking at cities under served or that have very high fares where we could come in and make money.
                            [Coughing fit]CHS!!!![/Coughing fit]

seriously...with loads like they have now, how long is indy-air gonna last?

Comment

I dont see Houston on this list, I wonder if they ever plan on it.
                              He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

What about San Antonio?

I remember reading all these articles about how it was 100% that SAT would be jetBlue's next city.

Comment

Working...
                                X