Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of Complaining

Check it out...

If only more people knew about this, I'm sure the average airline employee's job would be much easier Reading what that lady in Miami said, I think it would have been hard for me not to fire off a smart remark... Guess I'm better off doing something else
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

"cant you just pry it open"

Sure, of you want to fit the bill for repairing it, just an estimate, that bill will be charged to your credit card automatically, so no hassle for you, for $200,000.

Comment

Good article. I worked on the counter in cargo and you wouldn't believe the crap some people dump on you. He is completely correct as we would help the nice people and do our best to dump the mouth-all-mighty's out the door.

Comment

I have had experiences like that!

I am about to post one in the flight review forum!

Comment

The only time i would really complain/whine/be pissed off is when i don't get a window. And in those cases i would have a right to be as when flights are booked i ALWAYS make sure i have a window seat as an assignment and if i don't get one on my boarding pass.... that means that they changed my assignment and that angers me... and is their fault

*caugh*AA*caugh*

Comment

The last time I did that I was on a US F100. They gave me what I thought was a window seat, but it was the last row and it had no window!

Comment

LoL...that sounded so much like my parents ....

being stuck on the last row...or the worse ones...treating employees badly, saying they'll never fly on that airline again.... that one was on LAN last year in my trip to Chile and Argentina

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                The only time i would really complain/whine/be pissed off is when i don't get a window. And in those cases i would have a right to be as when flights are booked i ALWAYS make sure i have a window seat as an assignment and if i don't get one on my boarding pass.... that means that they changed my assignment and that angers me... and is their fault

*caugh*AA*caugh*

Back in '99 I was flying to Buffalo alone on AirTran. I was an unaccompanied minor, and I had to sit in the group with the kids in the back... I got the second to last row and all I could see out of the window of the DC-9 we were on was a big, green engine.

That was the loudest flight of my life.
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

i had a guy tell me on saturday, in a rather polite way, that he was going to sue me personally because i was following company policy and not paying to have the zipper on his bag fixed. yes, you got it.... the zipper on his bag was broke, and he demanded to be compensated - in cash - to have his zipper fixed. before his demand, i had actually offered him a travel voucher for his inconvenience when i explained the company policy. he refused it, told me he was a lawyer, and that he would see ME in court and he would win. i don't know how many times i have heard that before...........

going back to the article. i tend to treat people who are nice better and give them what they want and i encourage my agents to do that as well. we had a lenghty (6 hour) weather delay last week, and there were three separate people going to las vegas. the first guy was a complete ass. all the flights to vegas were full in coach, so i could only back him up as a standby the next day until i could confirm him on the evening departure. however, the next two were really generous, asked if i could do anything for them, told me how much of an ass the other guy was. so i got them a confirmed seat in first class that night.

moral of the story.... don't be an ass.....it won't get you anywhere....
                  Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aces320
                    saying they'll never fly on that airline again

I never said I wouldn't fly them again!
                    The next flight was the best in my life!
                    After coming off a full, delayded F100 in RDU (the flight was from LGA), they loaded the 7 people going to CHS on a 767-200!!!! (No idea why it was in RDU!) They took us to CLT to catch a connection to CHS. They were originally gonna take the a/c anyway 'cuz they needed it the next day.
                    Everyone got to sit in f/c. There was like an f/a for every passenger!

Comment

I agree with the article, the nicer you are, the more effort I put into resolving the problem. People just dont understand that being an a$$ gets you nowhere, plus it makes you look rediculous. when I used to work the counter during delays or cancelations, I used to hope for the first person in line to be "irate", yelling and screaming. Nine times out of ten, the next people in line will be as nice as can be after they see what the person in front of them looked like.
                      He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Working...
                      X