At CHS today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At CHS today...

At CHS today, I saw 3 DL MD-88s. One was in the penalty box (if CHS has one! It was just sitting on the taxiway), the other was the normal one from ATL at one of the DL gates, and the other was a flight at the gate next to Delta's.

Apparently, two of these were diverted from the ATL.

Was is b/c of bad weather?

Where were these Mad Dogs from?

Yeah it was from bad weather they also diverted alot of flights here to CHA. We have 2 MD-88s from Delta, as well as a 757, aqnd then there are 3 717s from Airtran who does not even serve us in any capacity,
    O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Some pretty f'd up weather around ATL this afternoon. We had our first severe storm around 1:00 pm, heavy downpours, lightning, and gusty winds, lasted about 40 minutes. The second one was about 2 hours later, and lasted about 30 minutes. The a/c taking off from 9R were immediately making a right hand turn after takeoff, putting them right over where I work at, so they could avoid the storms.

Comment

Can anyone check where the CHS diversions were from?

Comment

Yeah, I got to sit in ATL for 9 hours today. :P I had the camera with me, so it was all good!

Flights were being diverted all around. I heard them holding overhead on my scanner. Louisville, Columbus and Knoxville are just some of the cities that got diverts.

-Adam

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
            Yeah, I got to sit in ATL for 9 hours today. :P I had the camera with me, so it was all good!

Flights were being diverted all around. I heard them holding overhead on my scanner. Louisville, Columbus and Knoxville are just some of the cities that got diverts.

-Adam
            Where'd ya go Adam?

Comment

My friends brother was returning from Scotland today on Air Canada and was stuck in Toronto nearly all day because of the storms in ATL.
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

we diverted two md-88's to CHS today - flt843 DCA-ATL and flt726 BOS-ATL

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X