Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7e7: a revolution or rather an evolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7e7: a revolution or rather an evolution?

Hi everybody.
    I just want to hear your thoughts about the 7E7.

I personally think that this plane is rather an evolution than a revolution in the history of aviation. After all it will replace existing planes (A300, A 310, A332, B757, B767) and will not open a new market segment.
    It will be far more efficent than the jets it will replace. But those are already old.
    The 7E7 will surely be a big success and a great airplane. But Boeing is doing everything they can to promote it as a superfantastic airplane.
    Andy

Re: 7e7: a revolution or rather an evolution?

Originally posted by LH 340-600
    The 7E7 will surely be a big success and a great airplane. But Boeing is doing everything they can to promote it as a superfantastic airplane.
    Why the 'but'? I don't see anything Boeing is doing that is contradictory to the truth. I haven't seen any convincing arguments/facts levied out there that Boeing isn't going to do what they say on this one. If Boeing seems enthusiastic about promoting the plane and its proposed benefits, you could hardly blame them. No one is going to promote and sell the plane for them.

I think to the common passenger, there won't be a great deal of difference between older aircraft and the 7E7. I agree with your point as this as being evolutionary. Perhaps the airlines as customers may see things differently, if the 7E7 becomes more than a simple replacement for them. They may find it revolutionary in terms of efficiency, flexibility, reliability. It may allow an airline to change the way they do business. As another example, I think from a passenger's view, a RJ is not particularly revolutionary. But, for the airlines, they've had a large impact and changed routes and frequencies dramatically.
    ///CSky///

Comment

Airbus may see it as a revolution in the war for aircraft sales, but I view it as an evolution in commercial air travel.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Definitely an Evolution.
        The 707 was a Revolution. Among hosts of others it led hosts of airports to lenghen their runaway and reconfigurate their terminals. The 7E7 will smootly mold itself into what is already existing as did its predecessors.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I go with Revelation..... the idea is nothing really new... fuel efficiency, redesigned interior, new technology.... it just hasn't been put into play. I think, now that Boeing has put it into production, so to say, it will spur a new thinking into future plane designs.
          Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

evolution.

The Sonic Cruiser would have been revolution.
            Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

An evolution.
              Anyone else feeling we are at the top of the S-curve with the A380 and B7E7? The current technology is almost completely exploited and there only seems to be expensive and rather small advances anymore. Next will be the end of jetage and the start of a new S-curve. This means initial underperformance compared to establisched technologies but a gain in the long run. Maybe we saw the beginning of that yesterday, with the first commercial manned space flight.

Comment

Whatever it is it's gonna put boeing back on top.

Comment

pretty much everything rolling off the assembly line today, or in the near future, is an evolution. travel is evolving, as is the means of getting you to your destination. the 7e7 is just a new commercial transport. it might look a bit odd compared to what it's designed to replace (767, 757, etc), but its not different enough to classify as a revolution. true?
                  www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Working...
                  X