No announcement yet.

Can they do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Blue in Australia does it. They actually call you to ask you if you've noticed your safety card missing or stuff etc.
    I dont think so. They really cannot trace the people beofre that flight if they took it or not. Anyway the amount of times i have flown them only becuase they were the cheapest they did not ask at all.

When exactly did you travel last on Virgin?
    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

I understand that people want the safety card, but I don't understand why people think that they can take the safety card.

Perhaps ripping off safety cards from airplanes could give airliner spotters/photographers a bad name.

How would you feel if someone just took one of your possessions?

Tango.
      Australia bound!
      Sep 3 ICN-KIX JL964 767
      Sep 3~4 KIX-BNE JL777 747

Comment

Originally posted by TangoSierraVictor
        I understand that people want the safety card, but I don't understand why people think that they can take the safety card.

Perhaps ripping off safety cards from airplanes could give airliner spotters/photographers a bad name.

Tango.
        Depends how much they paid to ride me.

Comment

You guys obviously havn't seen the wareghouses full of excess safety cards for each airline/plane.
          The cleaners go round the plane with about 100 spare cards seeing if any need replenishing. The only way id feel bac if it was on a 3rd world/very small airline that obviously didnt have the money to re-stock. $0.3Cents isnt a major pitfall for an airline.

Comment

TangoSierraVictor wrote:

Tango.

Depends how much they paid to ride me.

He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Interesting to hear the variety of tactics other collectors use to acquire cards. I've tried most of these at various times. I seriously doubt if anyone would ever get nailed for walking off with card(s) (or that anyone would care all that much one way or the other). In fact, one of the people that gets stuff for me actually asked for one once, and was given a nice new one by the flight attendant.

However, just in case, the expedient I use is to put the card inside the complimentary inflight magazine, or another large format publication (International Airpower Review is good for this) that I'm reading. You can then always say that it got in there 'by mistake' as a bookmark or whatever. This might not work so well if you took all three cards from your row of seats, but I rarely find all three to be in good enough condition to be worth taking (although I always check, especially for rarities).

In any case, I watch people when I fly, and I figure that only one person in five (or fewer) even looks at the card during their flight. My five year old (who can't read yet) paid far more attention to the card on our last flight than the vast majority of our fellow passengers. Chip off the olde block...

Martin

Comment

What would happen if the security agents found a few safety cards when they were going through your carry-on on the return trip? That's one of the main reasons that I don't take them off airliners...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Its happend to me, unless you get a very anal security agent they just ask why you have these. I just say the F/A said i could take them. There usualy satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                    Its happend to me, unless you get a very anal security agent they just ask why you have these. I just say the F/A said i could take them. There usualy satisfied.
                    Thank god we never got stopped when we took 1/4 of all the safety cards off out FR 732 and 738 flights m8! LMAO.

I usually do the shove it in the in flight mag tactic, and take the safety card in the seat next to me. If im after more than one I wait till people start getting off, move a few rows down, take another and so on. And then before you get off just ask the F/A if you can take one, if she says yes take one from the row nearest you, and then there you have a bonus card! If she says no then tough you already have 3 or 4 cards .
                    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

I usually stuff as many safeties as i can into the magazine and then snag that into my bag when no one is looking. That way they really cant trace me to my seat since all the ones around would be missing, although if TSA found out that i have that many cards in my bag....they would have a field day with me.

Ahh..the risks of being an enthusiast!

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi
                      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Working...
                      X