This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syria is next!

Today president George W. Bush jp. openly threatened to "deal" with the Syrian government in Damascus next! Once more suspected WMDs are given as reason. The USA expect co-operation from Syria, whatever this means.

This latest uncontained advance by the USA was heavily criticized by most European nationals, including - notably - the British!

Regards,
    Peter

It would be very unwise for Bush to go to war with Syria. Then again, Bush is unwise. I opposed Iraq but Syria would be absolutely ridiculous. I agree with aerpix, not even the UK would support Bush on that one, only Israel would. Such would really anger the extremists.

Comment

I was against war on Iraq. Any attack on Syria on baseless American accusations would be totally unacceptable in the Muslim world. The silent majority of Muslims have already realised that the current US government led by Mr.Bush is against independent Islamic countries. By independent Islamic countries I mean those countries which do not like to take orders from the US. If the US attacks more Islamic countries on baseless accusations then I think massive revolutions (like the Iranian revolution) would take place in countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt and heavily pro-US governments of these countries would be overthrown by the people of these countries.
      Abbas Ali

Webmaster of :
      History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines

Comment

Bush is loosing sight of his aims in the war on terrorism. Now he's using 9-11 as a pretext to depose any govt he doesn't like. He fails to realize that his belligerent actions increase the threat of terrorist attacks rather than eraticate such. I sincerely hope he doesn't win re-election in 2004 and the US can have a REAL president again.

Comment

The vast majority of Muslims, including myself, had expressed their sympathy and support for America after the tragic events of 9-11. USA is now loosing this support from Muslims after the recent war on Iraq, which killed many innocent civilians, and statements against Syria made by the officials of President Bush's government have angered Islamic world.
          Abbas Ali

Webmaster of :
          History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines

Comment

PK 246: well said.

It's not only Mr GWB Jr. Cowboy who is shortsightened. All those conservative people in the Gouvernment and Military are. It looks like they really believe they could rule the world.
            I'm looking forward to the next elections in America.
            Andy

Comment

Or even better:
              Cowboy GWB Jr. should be impeached.
              Andy

Comment

-OK get this. Iran agreed to help in the war on terror and President Khatami offered his condolences during 9-11.
                -Then Iran detains terrorists who entered Iran from Afghanistan. Iran subsequently sent the terrorists to Saudi Arabia so that the American's could take them.
                -You know what the Bush jr. Administration said when Iran did this? That Iran was acting behind America's back. What bull! A country does you a favor, they help you and in return you vehemently throw it in their face! Agreed LH A340-600, I hope Bush doesn't win re-election. He's completely wrecking his country.

Anyway, to all you nationalists out there, how would you justify that one?

Comment

Who's next in line after Syria?...Will this just keep on going?
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Bush cannot just get "suspicious" of Middle Eastern nations and attack them...Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria,...

Comment

I wonder when he will reach Europe.
                      Andy

Comment

I wonder when he will reach Europe.
                        Probably, when Airbus wins one of the next big orders

Gerardo
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi,
                          In my opinion this world is war crazy

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

War with Iraq had more legs to stand on than than a war with Syria. Bush should stop attacking while people still are still behind hime. (kind of) he shuld get down and dirty witht he economy because I want a job when I graduate High school in 2 years.

Comment

RE

I've probably mentioned once or twice how much I hate complainers, like you people. I avoid them at all costs. They're the kind of people who could win a million dollars, then complain about the taxes. Or see an ailment cured, then moan about the attitude of the doctor who cured it. They love to see the dark side of things. I always wonder whether these people have ever once seen the good side of things. Take the war in Iraq. To listen to a few forum users, you'd wonder whether anything good came of our being in Iraq. Sometimes I wonder if they're even following the same events. We liberate Iraq. They focus on problems remaining in Iraq. We see Iraqis hoping. They see Iraqis looting. We wrap up a war in weeks. When only days after this conflict, they predicted a Vietnam quagmire in years. For every triumph, they see only turmoil. We know countries liberated are countries confused. It's as if they've forgotten identical patterns in countries like Romania, or Bulgaria, or Bosnia, or after World War II, even Germany. Looting happens. Poor people want things; desperately. We didn't create that desperation; someone else did. But now we're suddenly the problem. We wrap up an amazing battle in Iraq and now you people are dumping on the president for saying harsh things about Syria. A nation rallies around a president for a battle won abroad. These guys immediately pounce on the problems still here. They focus on the bad news, like a weak economy, not once mentioning any good piece of news, like improving consumer confidence. Look, I'm not saying don't tell your sidel; the bad. I am saying don't focus on only the bad. You might think it's your right to be jaded. I say it's not your right to be jerks. I'll be the first to admit I'm a half-full glass kind of guy. That's why I don't much distinguish between those focusing on the half-empty glass and those who are just, in the end, plain half-ass.
                              Cory Klimko

Comment

Working...
                              X