Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

Since SYD will likely be out of the reach of many of us financially, who would like to do a meetup in 2005 in the United States? I've make a small list of popular destinations discussed in the official meetup thread. If there are any other destination suggestions, please speak up and we will discuss.

When does school get out for most of you? I'd like to think the middle of June would work out ok, any suggestions of possible dates or dates that are incompatible with your schedule?

If there's enough support for this, we can go ahead and work on a firm schedule and destination, and make hospitality/transportation arrangements.

Since cost is the main hinderance to many going to SYD, let's try to make this affordable for as many people as we can.

This is not some whiny thread complaining about SYD, it's an opportunity to plan an affordable large get-together for our younger members who cannot make it to SYD, with plenty of time to gather support and solve scheduling issues.
    YYZ
    0%
    ATL
    0%
    PHL
    0%
    MIA
    0%
    NYC Area
    0%
    CLT
    0%
    DCA, IAD, and/or BWI
    0%
    ORD
    0%
    My photos on jp.net

The cost of going to SYD is a hinderance to those of us working stiffs as well. I'm still figuring out a budget so that I can go on vacation next year (that is if I don't change jobs in the next few months), and still have some pocket change every paycheck. Which is why I voted for ATL, since I live and work close to it. There are members of JP.net (and AD.com) that live in and around the Atlanta area, so there's a bit of a network there to help in planning things in regards to accomodations, transportation, and for organizing other activities.

Comment

how about somewhere in Texas? since none were on the list, I chose ATL partially because I have family in the area.

-ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
        The cost of going to SYD is a hinderance to those of us working stiffs as well. I'm still figuring out a budget so that I can go on vacation next year (that is if I don't change jobs in the next few months), and still have some pocket change every paycheck. Which is why I voted for ATL, since I live and work close to it. There are members of JP.net (and AD.com) that live in and around the Atlanta area, so there's a bit of a network there to help in planning things in regards to accomodations, transportation, and for organizing other activities.

That sounds great srb, and would June be alright for you, or is your schedule that far in advance unknown? Are the spotting areas at ATL suitable for a large(r) group?

Just a quick 9-hour shot down 71/75 from Columbus for me, so I like that idea.

Pilotgolfer: Since many jp members live somewhere along the east coast, or close to it, it would be preferrable to keep it convienent to as many as we possibly can. ATL is a prime spot as it is drivable for many, and the virtually infinite flight options on FL and DL are nice.
        My photos on jp.net

Comment

For gods sake the final destination of the meet has NOT been decided, so stop been childish.

"This is not some whiny thread complaining about SYD, it's an opportunity to plan an affordable large get-together for our younger members who cannot make it to SYD, with plenty of time to gather support and solve scheduling issues."

I think this is a whiney thread and again whats the point in trying to swing the meet over to the USA???? If any of you complaining about the destination have even read my post in the oiginal topic (which may I say i have posted twice for all to see) you will realise that everywhere is still a possability, all you have to do is support the decision on why the meet should be there.

So just to remind all of you who already think SYD has been chosen please care to read the following, then reply with your thoughts in the original topic.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          ******************PLEASE READ CAREFULLY********************
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys I dont want things get all heated when it comes down to the decisions of where and when the next meet will be, its supposed to be a meet where we all can meet up and organise things without conflict.

After a small discussion with James Rowson he came up with a pretty damn good idea, an organisation committee........ a group of individuals who help decide where the overall destination of the meet is, what will be done there, help on organising anything for the meet, and get names and numbers of any people in their designated area who are committed to going to the meet.

In this committee there should be a fair share of people who have turned up to the LAX meet (possibly 2), JP.Net crew (possibly 2) and other members who can represent all other jp.net members who would like to turn up to the meet (possibly 4). These individuals will have to be 100% committed themselves to making it to the meet and will be keys at organising anything that will go on when the meet goes ahead.

In regards to the destination of the meet again everywhere is open to suggestions, all I ask now is....your suggestion needs to be supported with its Pro's and Cons, the spots that will be ideal to visit, the traffic and also what else there is to do at the destination. Maybe some airfares from some of the most popular airports most jp.net members can get to in their home airport I.E, LHR, SYD, MAN, ORD, LAX, JFK, ATL, CDG, MAD, FRA to mention a few... Once the key detinations have been written about in a post they will all go into a brand new post where the best locations of the meet can be polled on. The elimination of alot of the destinations can be done by the organisation committee and the strongest contenders go through to the poll.

So the main things that need organising in order of priority:

1) Volunteers For Organisation Committee Needed.
          2) Organisation Committee Selected.
          3) Putting Forward Of A Destination You Want Fully Supporting Your Decision As Mentioned Above.
          4) Organisation Committee To Sift Through Selections And Decide On A Top 10 Destinations.
          5) Top 10 Destinations Put Into A Poll For All JP.Net Members To Vote On.
          6) Destination With Most Votes Ends Up As Meet Destination.
          7) FULL List Of People Who Want To Come To The Meet.
          Dates Now Need To Be Selected Again Essential To Be In Over 12 Months.
          9) Once Agreement Is Made On The Meet Dates We Can Then Fully Plan On What The Itinery Can Be

So as I finish another brainstorming session I will give notice that I wish to be on the Organisation Committee, obviousley this is totally dependant if you all agree with the above ideas. If anybody needs to contact me just E-Mail me to talk to me on MSN.

E-Mail : [email protected]
          MSN : [email protected]

And again once you have read it please post your reply inside the original topic, which can be found: http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13972
          E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

How about Anchorage. There are flights from all over the US and World to there. There is also a huge variety in aircraft. From little planes, to huge airliners, and maybe a few russian aircraft too.
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
              How about Anchorage. There are flights from all over the US and World to there. There is also a huge variety in aircraft. From little planes, to huge airliners, and maybe a few russian aircraft too.
              Anchorage would be nice, that seems like a good idea!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
              October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

I bet you know what i voted for
                Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Originally posted by bapilot2b
                  For gods sake the final destination of the meet has NOT been decided, so stop been childish.

"This is not some whiny thread complaining about SYD, it's an opportunity to plan an affordable large get-together for our younger members who cannot make it to SYD, with plenty of time to gather support and solve scheduling issues."

I think this is a whiney thread and again whats the point in trying to swing the meet over to the USA???? If any of you complaining about the destination have even read my post in the oiginal topic (which may I say i have posted twice for all to see) you will realise that everywhere is still a possability, all you have to do is support the decision on why the meet should be there.

So just to remind all of you who already think SYD has been chosen please care to read the following, then reply with your thoughts in the original topic.....

Ok guys I dont want things get all heated when it comes down to the decisions of where and when the next meet will be, its supposed to be a meet where we all can meet up and organise things without conflict.

After a small discussion with James Rowson he came up with a pretty damn good idea, an organisation committee........ a group of individuals who help decide where the overall destination of the meet is, what will be done there, help on organising anything for the meet, and get names and numbers of any people in their designated area who are committed to going to the meet.

In this committee there should be a fair share of people who have turned up to the LAX meet (possibly 2), JP.Net crew (possibly 2) and other members who can represent all other jp.net members who would like to turn up to the meet (possibly 4). These individuals will have to be 100% committed themselves to making it to the meet and will be keys at organising anything that will go on when the meet goes ahead.

In regards to the destination of the meet again everywhere is open to suggestions, all I ask now is....your suggestion needs to be supported with its Pro's and Cons, the spots that will be ideal to visit, the traffic and also what else there is to do at the destination. Maybe some airfares from some of the most popular airports most jp.net members can get to in their home airport I.E, LHR, SYD, MAN, ORD, LAX, JFK, ATL, CDG, MAD, FRA to mention a few... Once the key detinations have been written about in a post they will all go into a brand new post where the best locations of the meet can be polled on. The elimination of alot of the destinations can be done by the organisation committee and the strongest contenders go through to the poll.

So the main things that need organising in order of priority:

1) Volunteers For Organisation Committee Needed.
                  2) Organisation Committee Selected.
                  3) Putting Forward Of A Destination You Want Fully Supporting Your Decision As Mentioned Above.
                  4) Organisation Committee To Sift Through Selections And Decide On A Top 10 Destinations.
                  5) Top 10 Destinations Put Into A Poll For All JP.Net Members To Vote On.
                  6) Destination With Most Votes Ends Up As Meet Destination.
                  7) FULL List Of People Who Want To Come To The Meet.
                  Dates Now Need To Be Selected Again Essential To Be In Over 12 Months.
                  9) Once Agreement Is Made On The Meet Dates We Can Then Fully Plan On What The Itinery Can Be

So as I finish another brainstorming session I will give notice that I wish to be on the Organisation Committee, obviousley this is totally dependant if you all agree with the above ideas. If anybody needs to contact me just E-Mail me to talk to me on MSN.

E-Mail : [email protected]
                  MSN : [email protected]

And again once you have read it please post your reply inside the original topic, which can be found: http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13972
                  This is a totally different meetup outside of the main one planned for next year. This one would be an alternate one for those that could not make the major meetup being planned, regardless of where it's going to be at. Just because some members in the US are planning a meetup for next year doesn't give you the right to bash those members for even suggesting an alternate meetup for next summer. I wouldn't give a damn if some of our members in Europe or Australia decided to hold a meetup other than the main one planned for next. If you wanted to have a meetup at the Paris Air Show next, there's nothing I could do to stop you, so let some of us plan a meetup of our own without any static, thank you very much.

Comment

So what if the Main meet up ended up in your own back yard, or even ATL, ORD, JFK....who knows?? I know the story will be alot different if that was the case, which is why I made my post.

All im asking is you wait and see what the definate destination of the meet will be before organising another meet which could be held at the exact same time. You can hold as many meets as you want where you want, a day or two at the smallest regional in the US, but all im trying to do is get the meet in one location where most if not all members can at least attempt to get to, especially as the meet is in well over 12 months time.

I havnt got deep pockets myself and may struggle to get to any meet, but I will get there no matter how.
                    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

think this is a whiney thread and again whats the point in trying to swing the meet over to the USA????

Did you not read a word I wrote? I'm not at all swinging the meet around, this a completely seperate one. Based on the mood of the official meetup thread, if one is not willing to travel far outside the US, we shouldn't even bother.
                      My photos on jp.net

Comment

how about we have a JP crew meetup and the rest can get stuffed!

atleast we know we will have a quick and easy consensus unlike these kids who expect us to fly to the USA again.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                          how about we have a JP crew meetup and the rest can get stuffed!

atleast we know we will have a quick and easy consensus unlike these kids who expect us to fly to the USA again.
                          Keep the smartass comments out of here. We don't all have the resources to go globetrotting like yourself, and this is completely seperate from whatever meet you concoct.

So what if the Main meet up ended up in your own back yard, or even ATL, ORD, JFK....who knows?? I know the story will be alot different if that was the case, which is why I made my post.

Mr. Longreach747 has already stated it will NOT be in North America.
                          My photos on jp.net

Comment

Here's my $0.02 on the whole deal.
                            Seems to be as if most of the European members don't want to come to the states, don't have the financial ability, so on and etc.
                            Most of us that live state side however don't have the funds to go off to Sydney, or anywhere out of the contintental US for that matter, sense the majority of us are students. So with that in mind. IMO I think that there should be a US meet on the East coast sense there was just one of the west, and then there should be one in Europe. Not to discriminate by all means, but I think that would work out best for peoples pockets and for some peoples sanity, because I know I'm sick of listening to the childish bickering you guys are doing.

Like I said up there....thats my 2 cents worth....if you don't like it sorry...not trying to piss anyone off here....just stating an opinion...if you get mad.....sorry

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisBelle
                              Here's my $0.02 on the whole deal.
                              Seems to be as if most of the European members don't want to come to the states, don't have the financial ability, so on and etc.
                              Most of us that live state side however don't have the funds to go off to Sydney, or anywhere out of the contintental US for that matter, sense the majority of us are students. So with that in mind. IMO I think that there should be a US meet on the East coast sense there was just one of the west, and then there should be one in Europe. Not to discriminate by all means, but I think that would work out best for peoples pockets and for some peoples sanity, because I know I'm sick of listening to the childish bickering you guys are doing.

Like I said up there....thats my 2 cents worth....if you don't like it sorry...not trying to piss anyone off here....just stating an opinion...if you get mad.....sorry
                              You are spot on.

Now, would you be interested in attending the US meet? So far our best option is ATL.
                              My photos on jp.net

Comment

Working...
                              X