ROYAL BRUNEI anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROYAL BRUNEI anyone ?

Just wanted to know if anyone has flown with RBA or Royal Brunei Airlines ? I read that they do have a very good cabin staff service as well.
    True ? Any feedbacks ?
    Malaysia Airlines --> Going Beyond Expectation

Best Cabin Staff 2004
    Best Cabin Staff 2003
    Best Cabin Staff 2002
    Best Cabin Staff 2001

www.airlinequality.com

ME, MAS .

Can't comment anything as it was a very short flight. The pilot said that our flight will take 40 minutes but we arrived at Bandar Seri Begawan in just 15 minutes .
    Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
    American Airlines > Always Awful
    PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
    BWIA > But Will It Arrives
    CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
    JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
    QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
    TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
    UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
    MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
    SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
    Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

No not yet, but I have to try them as I want to fly their 757s. I haven't been on 757s before, as Japanese airlines don't have any 757s
      Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Comment

Poor thing J-Bird, maybe you can try Royal Nepal or Uzbekistan or Royal Brunei or Orient Thai ?

Best Cabin Staff 2004
        Best Cabin Staff 2003
        Best Cabin Staff 2002
        Best Cabin Staff 2001

www.airlinequality.com

Comment

MAS thanks but I would rather stay away from Orient Thai. They inherited the old 747s from JAL and you should know how old these planes are, I don't want to die yet

By the way, RBA does not fly to Japan, so I might have to catch it at HKG. Do you know where they use their 757s too? I know their 763s are probably better as they have PTVs and new seats.
          Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Comment

They currently service their B757 ona regular basis to Calcutta, Dubai and Singapore. Occassionally, they send them to KUL and BKI too.
            As for Perth, I have seen several times there too.

Best Cabin Staff 2004
            Best Cabin Staff 2003
            Best Cabin Staff 2002
            Best Cabin Staff 2001

www.airlinequality.com

Comment

i have tried them and personally they are very very crap there service is pathetic.
              Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
                i have tried them and personally they are very very crap there service is pathetic.
                They have recently upgraded their services and aircrafts. They are now a 4 star airline rated by Skytrax.
                Takashi H

Comment

Hi all.

Well Royal Brunei has one 767 that has been refitted with the new business class and economy (with PTV's in every seat) They have 2 brand new A319's and 2 brand new A320's. These new planes have PTV's in Business but not economy. As for the 757's. I have seen them in Perth a few times (actually flew on one to Perth before) I would guess that the one they leased to Royal Tongan airlines is back in service after the aircraft was returned.

I flew with them in 2000, I found the flight attendants to be very kind (although I was a child back then!) Most of our flights were delayed, we arrived into London late and missed our flight to Dublin, rugby was on and finally left that freezing shabby terminal one about 11 hours later!

On a side note, Royal Brunei is low on staff and it is said that Pilots are being overworked while crew benefits are being thrown out the window. Dont know about the flight attendants, but if the same is happening they may not be in the best of mood!

Hope this helps.

GOH

Comment

As for the 757's. I have seen them in Perth a few times (actually flew on one to Perth before) I would guess that the one they leased to Royal Tongan airlines is back in service after the aircraft was returned.
                    Yes that is a 757-2M6, registration number V8-RBB
                    Takashi H

Comment

Originally posted by GOH
                      On a side note, Royal Brunei is low on staff and it is said that Pilots are being overworked while crew benefits are being thrown out the window. Dont know about the flight attendants, but if the same is happening they may not be in the best of mood!
                      Hmm ?? not enough staffs ?
                      Don't think so.
                      Pilots overworked ?
                      Don't think so too.
                      Crew benefits are being thrown out the window
                      Hmm, definately not.

By the way, i think their Sultan is very selfish & stupid.
                      UTA > Unlikely To Arrive

Comment

eddie_AB6 wrote:
                        Dont think so, Don't think so too and Hmm, definately not.
                        Um as for those comments, do we really care whether you "think so" or not? But anyway i'll make my reply.

From some Royal Brunei Pilots (off PPRUNE)
                        "No pay rises in 15 Years.
                        Wage freeze for past 2 years until company makes a profit.
                        (they cannot make a profit when it is used as an employment scheme)
                        To compensate for these unproductive staff, wage freeze, loss of allowances.
                        Days off now given downroute. 8 hour timezone changes, return in 5-7 days, Expect 1-2 days off in Bwn then off again. all for much less pay."

"2 to Virgin Blue, 3 on interview stage with EK, 2 on long term sick leave.
                        2 FO's positioned back having run out of hours for the year (second hand info)
                        All rosters running upwards of 95hrs + a month.
                        Insufficient rest period for new AKL service, with two delays out of two flights, 55m BNE transit time as well. Days off downline, too many on leave at the same time has led to a couple of flights 'nearly' being chopped. Mainly problems on boeing fleet, Airbus guys seem to be covering the shortfall (just)."

"hours, combined with no leave being given means pilots are closing on the annual maximum "

"Royal Brunei Airlines should change its name.

How about 'Budget Brunei Airlines'.

No payrise in 15 YEARS

Medical / Car allowances etc taken away.
                        Pay increments stopped until RBA makes a profit (this is only for the working grades, middle and upper management not affected.

BND depreciated 40% in recent years."

"Some Just recieved insulting payrise. First in airlines 18 year history.
                        Approximately $170 BND per month. That should keep everyone happy.
                        Not withstanding
                        $500 Medical / dental allowance STOPPED
                        Pay increments STOPPED
                        $260 Monthly car allowance STOPPED
                        Have to pay for car park when working"

Now eddie_AB6 if you had taken the time to read all of that, you would realise that you "thought" wrong!

GOH

Comment

. Are you a RBA employee ? I think i have to ask those RBA employees first, just to confirmed what you said here are true .

Tjandradjaja.
                          UTA > Unlikely To Arrive

Comment

Now eddie_AB6 if you had taken the time to read all of that, you would realise that you "thought" wrong!
                            What an intimidating reply! Ok Eddie, you are wrong and he is right.

Um as for those comments, do we really care whether you "think so" or not? But anyway i'll make my reply.
                            Again, do we really want to know about your version too? I doubt it.

"Royal Brunei Airlines should change its name.

How about 'Budget Brunei Airlines
                            Yup, I am sure you can change that.
                            Takashi H

Comment

haha, no I dont think any of us are right/wrong! Just wanted to back up what I said and shed a little more light on the topic.

Doesnt change my oppinion of the airline, Royal Brunei were the airline I flew with that I realised I love aviation so I am thankfull for that!

And although most of the quotes I found were from employees of BI I still think that there are some people that will always moan and complain, especially about work so I try to only take notice of the facts and spare all the other bull!

And as for changing the name, that was a quote from another person not myself! I think Royal Brunei is a very classic and unique name that shouldnt ever be changed!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X