Diary of my model airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego I got from my parents, relatives, friends, Ebay, etc. I was gonna use it for terminal buildings, but now I'm thinking of buildong the buildings from wood, palstci, glass etc.

-Colin

Comment

Thats so cool I wish I had something like that!
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Looks like alot of planes there! does your sirport have congestion?

Chris: can you see the airline logos on the 744?
        -Kevin

Comment

Wow- that's awesome Colin! I've got a model airport with my Schabak 1:600 models. I haven't painted it in case I want to rearrange things on it, but have taxiway markings down & it all penciled in on the plywood (what the base is). I used the cardboard boxes that the planes come in as terminals & laid them out how I wanted them, but they're also movable.

How's your airport laid out? The basic layout for mine is 7 terminals (1 commuter, 4 domestic & 2 International Concourses) connected to a main building laid out side by side. There are also two midfield airsides (which may become one...NW/KLM has one & DL/Skyteam has the other ), a Cargo terminal & a General Aviation building. Two parallel runways (19L/1R, 19R/1L) with an intersecting one (25/7) at the south end of the airport.

I'll post some pics of mine when I get the chance. And I promise, they'll be better than the last model airport pictures I took.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Thanks for the compliments . Currently, I don't have a final layout, except for the runway. There will be two full runways, first the already finished 10,000ft 18L/36R (now that I have the exact magnetical heading), 17/35 on the "east side of the airport, and an imaginary thrid runway, 18R/36L, which would be where the wall to the left is, with many "dead-end taxiways leading to it :P . As for the terminals, what I will definitely have is a landside terminal, for check-in/baggage claim etc. Some of the concourses might be connected to it, others not. I will have an international concourse for non-alliance carriers and oneworld, 1-3 Skyteam concourses, a single Star concourse, a small domestic terminal for LCCs, and a freight terminal, plus DL maintenance. I don't know what the alyout will be but first I'll finish the second runway, and once that's done, the terminals will follow (pending time and money).

-Colin

Comment

Here's a shot of my model airport I had on my computer. Quality's a little bad...sorry about that. If anybody wants to see more, let me know.

The taxiway/runway markings are really hard to see on this one. My Delta & company terminal ("Concourse H") can be seen on the left with the two international concourses (F & G) being the closest two on the far right. The aviation "museum" is below...has a 707, DC-3, CV-440, DeHavilland Comet, DC-6 & Connie. I really don't know why the AF 777's sitting there...

My airline (basically planes that have been retired in real life & that I didn't move to my computer desk) is based out of the third terminal from the right.

God, I'm an airplane geek.
              DeltaRules

Comment

What's that blue-white A340 next to the BMI A330? LAN new colours?!?

Comment

Aloges- Yeah, I got it at the airplane store @ AMS. That's the new LAN A340. Saw that & picked it up instantly:

Another pic of my airport...Cargo ramp at the south end of the airport. The lighting is bad in that room, as you can tell. US A330, 757, A320 & a Lufthansa A340 in the background.

DeltaRules

Comment

Chris: can you see the airline logos on the 744?
                    Yep

Comment

Thought I update this again. I'm not really making any advances, because I have more important things to take care of, but this what I managed in 1 month:

Now if I had the money for a new camera...

-Colin

Comment

hey Chris... the 744 in house colors.. is that 400th scale ?=??
                        i was just curious .. cos your plywood thing looks small
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                          hey Chris... the 744 in house colors.. is that 400th scale ?=??
                          i was just curious .. cos your plywood thing looks small
                          Yep its 1:400, Limited Edition JetX model

Comment

Working...
                          X